Seeing

Synopsis: 

Valkyrie sees everything, well... nearly everything

Chapter 4: Seeing

Soft, bristled fabric rubs against her bruised skin. Blue and black and purple and green rages a bloody war on her body. Scars like trenches and marks like mines, each tells a memory she's long stopped caring for.

Her body now dry, she uses the damp towel to pin up her wet hair. She sighs at the long process but does what's necessary to not risk setting her hair alight.

Then, she stops.  

An inconspicuous sheet of glass covers a thin strip in her room. To many it is but a means to admire oneself. To Valkyrie, it is but a portal to a dimension of horrors only she is privy to.

The mirror before her shows the magnitude of her war.

She can still pinpoint which manmade dip and crevice of her thin skin had outlived each blow and punch and strike. Through the mirror, she revives each sour memory from its dormant state and traces it with her dull eyes.

As she stands before it, she is bare and vulnerable to the harsh criticism the glass and her own mind provides her.

Then, a moment of fleeting blackness unfolds before her succeeded by sudden streaks of scented tropics that invade her nose and tongue. She blinks as rays of strobic light sting her eyes and a harsh thumping penetrates the back of her head and ricochets against the inside of her skull. A fractured minute of blinding darkness introduces itself to the mix of fleeting senses and she is left in complete silence before she finally regains control and she once again is faced with her herself.

"Hello Valkyrie."