Strength.

Strength.

It's a physical attribute.

It's an emotional attribute.

It's not something most automatically have.

It's something that most strive to develop.

While we're working to become stronger, we sometimes give up.

That's when others tell us to be strong.

Iseul crouched over her third body of the night. It had been a week since the night she changed, and she hadn't left the warehouse since. Instead, she'd stay there and wait until Namjoon brought back more bodies for her to feed on. That wasn't going to be happening much longer, though.

Earlier that day, Namjoon had aggressively told her that she would have to learn to control herself so that she could go out and hunt for herself. In her mind, she was doing quite well. She had gone from nine bodies during the day and night to five. Her creator still wasn't impressed, thought. He only ate three meals in an entire 24 hours. She couldn't imagine that.

"It's time to stop, you pig. You're over the daily limit by two, " he said, kicking her down. She wanted to hiss at him and rip him apart, but she knew he was much stronger than her. Walking to the window, Iseul looked out. Normally, it would be pitch black at that time of night. However, the moon was full and shining brightly through the trees, illuminating almost everything below it.

She sighed. Iseul was honestly trying her hardest to control herself, and it was all because she wanted to go outside again. She wanted the fresh air that she didn't need and the feeling of freedom, which she really did need. Being trapped for a week straight with a hateful... thing was something she hated. No matter how handsome he admittedly was, she would never stay by choice.

She stared out the window until the moon disappeared and the sun came up. She put a sheet over the window and walked around the building. She went wherever she wanted inside besides his office. He stayed in there for most of the day and had told her it was completely off-limits. Obviously, she wasn't going to disobey him. She was terrified of him.

When the sun had set, Namjoon walked out of his office and into the room. He was holding a jacket and a mask, then threw them to Iseul.

"Put it on and meet me outside, " he said, walking out and slamming the door. She flinched at the noise and did as she was told, putting the hood of the jacket up on her head like he always did when he went out. Iseul stepped outside and saw him standing beside of a tree. He looked over at her and motioned for her to walk over to him.

"Here's the plan, " he started, "you and I are going to walk down the street holding hands like a couple-"

"Why?" Iseul asked, disgusted. She could already feel Namjoon's temper beginning to break.

"Because we won't look suspicious if we appear to be a young couple on the street. Now, don't interrupt me again."

He cleared his throat and looked around, then continued.

"We'll walk down the street and turn into an alleyway. From there, we just wait for our first victim. I will hold them down and keep them from yelling while you feed. Then, the second will be my lunch. Got it?" He asked her. Iseul nodded, feeling nervous for her first hunt. Namjoon nodded and took her hand, directing her to the edge of the forest.

The looked out onto the street, not seeing too many people. Stepping onto the sidewalk, they made their best attempt to look like a couple. They looked around at all of the stores and people smiled at them as they passed by.

"Lay your head on my arm, " Namjoon whispered. She looked up at him, noticing that the harshness had somewhat disappeared from his voice and followed his instruction. He placed a kiss on her forehead, making her feel strange. It didn't last for long, though, as Namjoon quickly threw her into an alley. He picked her up after he was in and led her to the end of it.

As they waited, the noise of the crowded street died down to only the conversations of only a few people. They heard mumbling and then a thump as a man, seemingly drunk, stumbled in and passed out.

"Perfect, " she heard Namjoon say as he walked over to the man and stuffed a rag into his mouth, duct taping it and holding his arms down.

"What are you waiting for?" He asked Iseul angrily.

She was frozen, unaware that it would be so hard to feed on someone who was alive. Slowly, she made her way over and bent down, pressing her teeth into his neck. As she began to drink, the man's eyes opened and low, muffled screams could be heard in Iseul's right ear. She felt bad, but the blood tasted undeniably better when the owner was alive.

Over the course of a few minutes, the man was dead and Iseul felt full. She licked her lips and stood, looking over at Namjoon. She had seen his proud face only once, and that was when he first turned her. He nodded, confirming that she did a good job. They moved the man into a large garbage can and waited once again.

Soon, two people walked in, but Namjoon didn't move. Instead, tensed beside of Iseul and put his arm around her protectively. She heard voices and the woman crying. Then, it was silent. She smelled blood and knew that someone was dead. As she shifted from one foot to another, a scuff sound came from her shoe.

"Who's there?" she heard a male say. Slowly, footsteps approached them and once again, Namjoon stiffened. A young man with blonde hair, an oversized jacket, and skinny jean walked closer. He was pale, covered in blood, and smiled a sinister smile.

"Why, hello, Namjoon," he said, enjoyment obvious in his voice.

"Hello, Yoongi, " Namjoon replied, aggression dancing on his tongue.

That's when others tell us to be strong.