Chapter 1

The crackling of a fire woke you. You opened your eyes and looked around. You were in a car, and that car was on fire. There was a tree in front of you, the windshield cracked in front of your head. There was blood running down your face. You opened the car door and literally jumped onto the ground. You landed on gravel, the side of a road.

The sight in front of you made no sense. You didn't remember anything of what had happened. A red Ford Explorer was burning and it was crashed into the tree in front of it. The driver door was left open. You didn't see anyone inside. But who were you expecting?

You heard a car coming up to you from your right and looked as it screeched to a stop right next to you, nearly running you over. An Asian looking man with black hair, brown eyes, a red plaid flannel, jeans, and tennis shoes jumped out of the car that almost hit you and rushed towards you. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" He said in his deep, sweet and soothing voice.

You looked up at him, he was standing next to you, offering you a hand. You took his hand and stood up, silent. "I'm gonna call 9-1-1 and then get you home. Where do you live?" He asked as he pulled out his phone.

"I-... I don't know." You stuttered.

"What do you mean you don't know? Don't you remember?" He asked.

"No." You replied.

"What's your name? Can you remember that?" He asked.

"My name? It's.... It's (y/n) (l/n). You are?" You asked.

"I'm Mark. Mark Fischbach. I'm calling an ambulance and a firetruck. Hold on." Mark said.

You stood there as Mark talked to the operator. Where were you? Why were you there? And why did Mark's name sound familiar? Your thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of blaring sirens. A firetruck put out the flaming car and tree. A paramedic had you go into the ambulance to get checked out.

"What's your name, ma'am?" She asked.

"(y/n) (l/n)." You said.

"Was anyone else in that car with you?"

"I don't know."

"Do you remember where you live? Any of your friends' names? Family? Anything?" She asked.

"No. I can't remember anything other than my name. It sounds nuts, but I just can't. The only person I know is Mark. But I just met him a minute ago after I got out of the car." You replied.

"You seem to have suffered a blow to the hard, causing amnesia. Maybe you should stay at Mark's for a while until you can figure out any useful information about yourself. We'll have the police look into your history, find your family and friends to see what they know. But stay with Mark for now. Someone needs to keep an eye on you." She said.

You only nodded. She left to talk to Mark about this. He occasionally glanced at you, it was a rather happy, easygoing glance. But why was he constantly looking at you?

A different paramedic put some steri strips on your face to seal up your cuts. You had two larger ones on your forehead and one on your cheek.

Why couldn't this have just been a normal day?