Chapter 13

*the next day*

You and Mark had packed up some clothes for a 4 day stay at your dad's house. Mark had gone to get the car from the shop. You were left at home with Chica.

You sat at the table with your bags on top of it and you were petting Chica.

You heard a car pull up in the driveway. Mark walked in the door and Chica ran towards him. She jumped on him and licked his face.

"Chica, pth, what are you doing? Get down goofball!" Mark said to her, wiping Chica's slobber off his face with the back of his hand.

"Are you ready to go?" You asked Mark, standing up and walking over to him.

"Yes, are you?"

"Yep. What about you Chica? Are you ready to go?" You asked Chica.

She gave you a cheerful bark. You and Mark laughed. You hugged Mark and let your cheek sit against his chest. Mark hugged you back and rested his chin on top of your head. He rocked you a little bit.

"What are we going to tell your dad when he asks how long we've been together?" Mark pointed out.

"We'll say a month. Because we've literally been living together for a month." You said.

Mark chuckled. "I guess you're right about that. What about Chica? What will he say about us bringing a dog?"

"He has a dog named Chief. He's a German Shepherd, so Chica will be just fine. And yes, he's been fixed. Plus he's ten, he won't try anything." You pointed out.

"Well that's good. I don't need Chica bringing home 12 puppies for us to take care of." Mark said.

You giggled. He loved when you giggled. You let go of Mark and went to grab your bag. You picked it up and Mark grabbed his. He also picked up the bag of dog food for Chica. You both put the bags in the trunk and then Mark went back inside for Chica.

You just sat in the car buckled up and ready to go.

Mark closed the door behind him and hooked Chica's leash to her collar. "Is she a keeper, Chica?" Mark asked, rubbing Chica's face.

Chica barked. "Good girl. Want to go for a car ride?" Chica wagged her tail and Mark walked her outside.

He put her in the backseat on top of a sheet so she wouldn't get dog hair on it. He unclipped her leash and set it in the cup holder up front.

Mark buckled in and started up the car. "Ready?"

"Not really, but let's go."

Mark backed out of his driveway and you put your phone in the clip on the dashboard so Mark would have directions to your parent's house.