Conundrum

Chapter III: Conundrum

°•°•°•°•°•°

#ChloeAndersonSigningIn

"I'm hoping you don't do this again, student. I actually thought you're not the type of person to be interested in things like these." Even Mrs. Love is shocked to see me texting. She doesn't even know my name! Maybe people can tell that I am an antisocial freak by just looking at me...

"It won't happen again Mrs. Love. I'm sure of that."

When I left the principal's office, I let out a very long sigh. It was my first time getting invited to a principal's office and it's only for a bad reason. I held my phone to my chest only to feel it vibrate.

MrBubbleS: I hope you enjoy my gift for you! 😘😘😘(^_-)

Oh no, I don't like the sound of that!

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! The next lucky student to host tomorrow's Westside Mailbox is..." The school monitor played the live streaming of our school's own show, Westside Mailbox, and the blonde host girl who likes to talk a lot, Vicky. During Tuesdays, she has a break on her little career and a random pick of the host nominees to replace her. Believe it or not, almost everyone wants to be seen in Westside Mailbox. "...Chloe Anderson? Who the heck is this?" I think that was supposed too be for her inside mind.

Wait, Chloe Anderson? But that's...BUT THAT'S ME!

Calm down Chloe, maybe it's a different Chloe right? It's a big school.

But the stares that random students are giving me are not helping! Since when did they know who I am?

"I'm sorry folks, but the Chloe Anderson will be the one to be with you tomorrow. Better luck next time!" Vicky doesn't seem to be happy with the result. I know I'm not. Seriously?! I'm not even running for it!

I didn't hesitate to rush to the studio. I was greeted by busy people around and the smell of strong coffee. I didn't know this much of caffeine was legal.

"Um, excuse me, who are you? I don't think you're supposed to be here," one of the busy bodies told me.

I wish I was!

"Um, you see, there must be a mistake. I didn't entered to be one of the nominees for Tuesday hosts!" I explained.

"Oh so you're Chloe Anderson? You should go talk to Vicky and Grayson about that." She dragged me somewhere and handed me two coffees. "Bring these to them and maybe they'll lessen shouting at you."

"What do you mean les-" before I could ask, she pushed me inside a small room where I saw Vicky shouting at a french looking boy. I've never seen so much shouting at each other in my life.

"I said I want to have a break on Friday too! I have a party to attend and I can't be here!" Vicky shouted.

"But we agreed on the Tuesday break! You can't ask for more Vicky. None of the nominees are just as good as you!" The French looking boy, I believe who is Grayson, shouted back.

"Remember Grayson, you need me. If you don't respect my needs, I will simply quit!"

"Oh and may I also remind you that you need my show! If you quit, you'd be nothing!"

I need to stop them before they go for each other's necks. And slo to speak with them cause I don't think they know I'm here.

"Ahem!" I interrupted their heated debate and their glares at me made me regret I did. "Um...c-coffee?" I placed the coffee cups on the table as they both sigh.