Chapter 2

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

"I'm gonna catch you!" Daniel's voice floated past the halls.

"No!" I laughed, running into my room.

Daniel quickly caught up, tackling me onto the bed.

He tickled my stomach, as i gave off giggles. "No, please." I gasped between laughs.

"Alright, little lion." He let me go, falling back onto the bed.

Daniel was my best friend, ever since we were eleven years old.

Hes always been there for me, especially since my mother died giving birth to me.

I have an older brother, Sam. He's 27, and he lives with his girlfriend now.

I live with my dad, and I'm a writer. I write at home. I've always been close to my dad, watching hockey games together.

That's probably why I'm not girly. That's where my other friend Chloe comes in. She's a girly girl, and helps me out with girl stuff. Yes, she was there for me when i got my first period. I guess she brings out the girlier side of me.

I prop myself up with an elbow, and nudge Daniel's shoulder.

"Guess who I saw today?" I asked Daniel.

"Who?" He lays on his back on closes his eyes.

"Patrick Kane." I whisper.

Daniel's eyes snap open. "What?!" He screeched. "How?"

"Jeez, calm down Daniel! My ears..." i rub my ears.

"Yeah, yeah, how? I thought you were just cruising in the streets for inspiration." He grabbed my shoulders.

"I saw him on the bus." I said.

"Patrick Kane on a bus? Are you sure you saw correctly?" Daniel shook my shoulders.

"Of course! Would i just not recognize my favourite NHL player?" I rolled out of his reach.

"Ahhhhh, Lyles! Did you say Hi? Get an autograph? Get a picture?" Daniel jumped on me.

I lay still, under Daniel. I couldn't help noticing his strong arms from playing college hockey, and his green eyes.

I snap out of it.

"No. I didn't get any of those." I say truthfully.

"What? Why? Lyla, you're such a huge fan!" Daniel got off me.

"Well the first time, i was getting harassed by some teenage boys, and the second time, he was halfway across the OTHER side of the bus." I say.

"You saw him TWICE? Oh god Lyles, i would've ran halfway across the bus to him." Daniel shrugged.

I grinned. I know he would. Then i remembered the book.

"Dan, im sorry. The book you gave me? It.... droppedonthebus." I say it quick, so he couldn't quite hear.

"It what?" Daniel asked, confused.

"I was staring at Patrick, when i almost missed my stop. I was just surprised because i think he recognized me from the first bus ride. As i was getting off.....the doors held onto the book. I left it on the bus." I frowned.

"It's okay." Daniel smiles, assuring.

"But i haven't even finished reading it!" I protest.

"Relax. We'll go out and get you another one." He holds my hand, sending shivers up my arm.