Chapter 2

Harry’s POV

I groaned as I lay on my bed. I was running from fans with the lads again and I was a bit exhausted from it but I had to call Ruby today like I always do. My lips pulled up as I remembered my little sister and mum when we were on the final of X-Factor. When it was all over she was the first person to hug me.

I smiled as I sat up then grabbed my iPhone and unlocked it. I smiled more once I saw the background I had set. It was of me and Ruby when I went back to visit for a little since we were on break. We were watching a movie and had fallen asleep. I woke up to my phone going off which was the picture being sent by mum.

I opened my contact list and once I found her name, I clicked on it.

‘1 ring,’ I thought as it rang.

‘2 ring,’ I thought, grinning.

As soon as it was about to ring again, I heard her pick up. “Harry!” she cheered, smiling probably.

“How did you know?” I asked, raising an eyebrow since she always seems to know when I’m calling.

I could literally hear her grin as she sung the chorus to ‘What Makes You Beautiful’.

“Is my little sister a Directioner?” I teased, smirking.

“If I say yes will I get to see you before your tour ends in three months?” she whined, probably pouting.

I chuckled since she seems to use that a lot when I call her. “You know that it doesn’t work that way, Ruby. How’s mum doing?” I asked, laying back on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

“You haven’t called her?”

“She told me to call only if it’s an emergency. But considering I know how you get when you don’t hear from me for so long, I bought and sent you an iPhone, love,” I said.

“I don’t get that bad~!” she whined, pouting like always. “And it’s not my fault my brother is on tour while I’m forced to be imprisoned in this house that I have been in for decades. Literally! How come mum isn’t protective of you and Gemma? You guys are the eldest.”

“Bingo, dear sister, we’re the eldest. And I thought I told you that it’s for your own good, at least until you…”

“I know. I just miss you. I even want to meet the four lads that are touring with my brother, Harry Styles~,” she said, grinning like me.

“Ruby! Could you come down here for a minute!” I heard mum yell probably from downstairs. But it did sound, I don’t know, frantic which has never been heard in her voice.

I heard Ruby jump out of her bed. “Is everything okay, Roo?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“So I’m not the only one that caught how her voice was different?” she asked, then she suddenly froze. I could feel her emotions raising and it worried me.

“Roo?! Ruby?! OI! What’s going on?! I can sense you getting angry at something!” I yelled into my phone but no one answered back and I was starting to get worried. That’s when I heard the growl and sat straight up quickly. “Ruby! Speak!” I yelled.

“Ruby,” I heard mum say and I tensed up as I could tell that she was crying. The worst part was that I could feel all of Ruby’s emotions start to take over her as mum said the one word that sets her off. Attack!”

“Let her go you bastard!” she yelled then the line went dead.

I sat there with my phone still in my hand. “No,” I muttered before my door slammed open.

“Mate, what’s wrong? We heard yelling,” Liam asked, looking at me.

I growled and let my phone drop. “My sister’s in trouble,” I said, standing up and walked past them.

“Gemma? I thought you told us she was fine,” Louis said.

I sighed as I remembered I haven’t told them of Ruby yet then I turned around and scratched the back of my neck. “Yeah she’s fine but my little sister is the one in trouble so I kinda have to get to my house quickly to see if she’s okay,” I said, looking at them. “I’ll explain later if you want but I really need to know if she’s okay so I might need you guys to come with me!” They nodded quickly and we were out of there in no time. ‘Hang in there, Ruby! I’m coming!’ I thought.

‘Harry! Hurry!’ I heard a voice say in my head and I knew it was Ruby’s voice.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Well that’s it for this one. Sorry if it’s short.