Media Surprises|E. Hosmer [1]

In which you and Eric haven't seen each other in a while.

--------------

Eric was getting interviewed after the team's win over the San Francisco Giants, and one of the reporters mentioned his girlfriend of 2 years, y/n

Just at the mention of her name, his smile grew wider, but his heart hurt. She was away at college studying for her dream job of (insert whatever you want to be/go to school for), and they hadn't seen each other in awhile. The only contact they had were through good morning and good night texts, and Skype calls when the opportunity would arise.

But that never seems to be enough for you them because they would both go to bed at night with heavy hearts.

"How is y/n," the interviewer asked.

"She's good," Eric easily stated, "She's working hard at school and I couldn't be prouder."

"How long have you two been together now," another interviewer asked.

"About 2 years, but before everything, she was best friend and I've known her for half my life," Eric explained.

"How do you handle the distance," asked another.

"It's hard because I can't always be there for everything, like her birthday or even anniversaries sometimes, but she's still supportive. I couldn't be more grateful for her understanding," Eric said.

"What would you say to her if she was right here at this very moment?"

Eric laughed as he said, "I would tell her that I love and miss her. I'd say it in a heartbeat."

"I love and miss you too," came the voice of y/n.

Eric looked around in confusion before he finally saw her standing there in the crowd.

Y/n was there in front of him with the smile that he loved so much.

"Y/n? What are you doing here," he asked as he pulled her into a hug, but caring that all the cameras were there.

"I was told that you were in need of a little cheering up," y/n smiled, "so here I am."

The media continued to take pictures of the two, but they just ignored them as Eric pulled her into a kiss.

"Thank you, y/n. For everything," Eric whispered as he pressed his forehead against hers.

"I know," y/n smiled.

-------------
Another short and sweet one 🖤 hope you're all liking them because I'm definitely having a lot of fun writing them

Also, can I just say that this man is ❤️😍 like where has he been all my life ? lol I think I'm going to find a ton more hot players this way 😂

Until next time,
Gabby