Christmas Tree|A. Hedges [1]

In which y/n and Austin go to a Christmas tree farm to pick a tree.

Warnings: none ☺️ (except some cringey writing while I warm up lol)

I'm finally back in the right mindset for imagines, and I'm starting a little Christmas series! I missed you all 💘

————————

Y/n finished wrapping her scarf around her neck as she gave herself one final once over in her full length mirror

Y/n finished wrapping her scarf around her neck as she gave herself one final once over in her full length mirror. Happy with the outfit that stared back at her, she finally headed downstairs where her boyfriend, Austin, was impatiently waiting like a little kid on Christmas Day.

"Ready to-," she began, but didn't even get to finish her sentence as her hand was grabbed and she was practically dragged out the door.

"Babe, wait," she giggled as Austin dragged her towards the car.

"Christmas waits for no one," Austin practically yelled as he opened her car door for her, before running around to get in the driver's seat.

"The trees are still going to be there when we get there," y/n said as she tried to calm his excitement.

"Doesn't matter," Austin childishly argued. "We need to go now or we won't get a nice one. I want our first Christmas in our new house to be complete with a nice tree," he confessed as y/n internally awed at his explanation.

Y/n and Austin had finally taken the next step in their relationship by moving in together after 5 years. It would be their first official Christmas together since moving into their house during the off-season.

"Babe, nice tree or not, our Christmas is going to be perfect," y/n reassured him as she grasped his hand over the gearshift in the car.

"Either way, we're getting a nice tree," Austin said as he pulled out of the driveway and onto the road.
-
-
-
Arriving at the Christmas tree farm, y/n took in the peaceful environment. The smell of fresh pine was strong, and bright fairy lights adorned the farm. She was pulled out of her thoughts when an over excited Austin tugged on her hand. Turning to look at him, she matched his smile and followed after him towards the trees.

"They're all so pretty," y/n sighed as she took in the smell of pine and the lush green trees surrounding her.

"Not as pretty as you," came Austin's cheesy response.

Y/n could practically see the equally cheesy grin on his face, and turned around to respond back sarcastically, but gasped at the sight.

There stood her beloved boyfriend of 5 years on his knees, velvet box in hand, as he stared up at her with adoring eyes.

"Y/n y/ln-"

"Oh my god," y/n interrupted, quickly becoming a teary mess in the middle of all the Christmas trees. Her eyes widened slightly, as if realizing her mistake, and she gestured him on with a sheepish grin in his direction.

Taking the interruption in stride, Austin gathered his nerves and continued on. "Y/n y/ln, you've been my best friend for 10 years, and my number one fan since the day we met. Every time I wake up and you're not there, it literally pains me because that's one day that I can't spend with you- the love of my life. Will you make me the-"

"-yes," y/n practically yelled as she yet again interrupted him, except this time, her interruption was happily welcomed by Austin as he slipped the diamond ring on her finger and pulled her into a loving kiss.

Pulling away, y/n couldn't help but look at the gleaming ring on her finger. As if finally putting the pieces together, she said, "So this is why you were so excited to come to the tree farm."

Austin subtly nodded, "Yeah, why?"

Y/n easily shrugged as she teased, "If I would've known, I would have gotten ready a lot faster."

Austin laughed as he pulled her into his arms and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I don't think I thought this whole forever thing out so well," he playfully sighed, as y/n hit his shoulder.

"You're lucky to have me and you know it. I'm a prize," she said with a playful wink.

"Don't I know it," he responded, all playfulness gone as he adoringly looked into her eyes.

———————
Guess who's back? I missed all of you so so much!!! To make up for my absence, I'm making a little mini Holiday series, so there's that to look forward to.

But other than that, what's good in life? Catch me up lol. I obviously haven't been gone if you read my other books, but I've definitely missed a lot with my readers here and I'm sorry for that. But I'm finally back in the right mindset and your girl is about to turn 17. I finally have my license, my grades aren't in check, my crush is acknowledging my existence, and my best friends are the absolute best. Life is pretty amazing rn, and I certainly hope all of your guys' is too!

With love always,
Gabby