Best Friend's Brother|T. Thompson [1]

In which y/n is best friends with Klay Thompson, Trayce's brother.

Warnings: none, but this is set as if they were all still in high school (except Trayce who is just starting his MLB career) and while Klay is the older one irl, he'll be the younger one here

———————

"I am going to fail this test," Klay groaned as he threw his head against the soft plush of his bed

"No, you're not," y/n reassured as she placed a comforting hand on his back. "You've got this."

"The only thing I've got is a guaranteed chance at an F," Klay sighed as he lifted his head and looked at the study sheets in front of him.

"You will if you spend all your time moping about it instead of studying," y/n teased.

She grabbed the cup of water on Klay's bed table, but huffed when she noticed it was empty.

"Not nice," Klay said with a pointed glance her way. "Who even thought it would be smart to mix letters and numbers? That's just stupid."

"You just think that because you haven't gotten it yet," y/n teased as she got up from her spot on the bed, empty glass in hand. "I'm gonna go get some more water, but in the meantime, please try to get some of the study guide done?"

"Yeah, yeah," Klay sighed as he waved her off and looked back at his messy worksheet.

Y/n shook her head softly as she left his room and walked towards the stairs. Noticing that another room's light was on, she figured his parents were home. She continued on her journey downstairs and into the kitchen, where she headed to the fridge.

As she placed her cup under the water dispenser and pressed her cup against it, a pair of footsteps were heard, making her look up.

"Hey y/n, you here to help Klay study," came the voice of Klay's brother, Trayce Thompson.

Momentarily stunned, y/n nodded, before realizing she looked like an idiot and finally finding her words. "If you can call it that," she joked. "He's still not really getting it."

Trayce nodded, but then looked down. "You okay, y/n? The water-"

Y/n looked down at her hand that was now soaked in water because her cup had overfilled. She let out a nervous laugh as she removed the cup from the dispenser and shook out her wet hand. "Sorry," she shyly muttered.

Trayce shook his head as he grabbed a paper towel from the counter and passed it to her. "You're fine," he said, laughing softly as well. "And hey, if it makes you feel any better, you're still cute with the water."

Y/n stopped laughing and her eyes widened slightly at his words, but before she could comment, Trayce kept talking. "I just came to grab this," he said, as he reached across from her to grab a Gatorade. "I'll see you later, y/n."