Chapter 2

After talking to Rook, I walked to the VIP entrance and get stopped by the guard. He puts his arm in front of me, blocking the way.

"Sorry miss but this is VIP only."

"Oh, Colson said he saved me a spot."

"Hmm," he looks down at the clipboard in his other hand, " Are you Samantha?"

"Yes sir. Do you want my ID?"

"Nah you're good."

With that he drops his arm and I walk into the mass amount of jumping bodies. I make my way to the front of the stage where Colson's sitting on the edge, working his magic. I notice the song the moment I get close enough to actually hear, Swing Life Away, my favorite well one of my favorites.

Try to find a summer day,

What is love,

Love is pain,

Love is butterflies and stomach aches,

Love is looking out a windowpane,

Tears dripping looking like you're in the rain,

For someone you don't even know but for somebody you may never see again...

I catch his gaze as he looks around the crowd, a smile immediately appearing on his face. The girl beside me starts freaking out because she thought it was for her, maybe it was. I'll have to ask him sometime.

When I finally made my way to the stage, the song was over and he was just talking to the audience.

"Hello Denver! How y'all doin'?!" Obviously slurring  his words from drinking a little too much. "I would like to bring up a girl I met earlier. Samantha? Where are you, babe?" He looks around not noticing that I'm standing right in front of him. 

"Hey dumbass! I'm right here!" He is eyes flick to lock mine, he grabs my hand and pulls me up on stage with him. When my feet touch the stage, whispers in my ear and hand me the mic, "Someone cleans up nicely. Talk to em' ,I'm gonna go get something to drink." then  he turns and walks away.

"Well than Mr. Alcoholic," that earns a laugh from the crowd, "Hey Mile High! I love you guys! Lace up motherfuckas!" Everyone cheers and throws up L's. The beginning of Dark Side of The Moon comes on and I step aside, just to run into Colson.

"Here take this and never do that to me again." I poke him in  the chest and walk  off stage. I go and sit on one of the equipment boxes and pull me knees to my chest. I need to stop getting myself in these situations. I need to take my pills. I swing my bad off my shoulder and dig through it, looking for my pill bottle. I grab it and take a few out and put the cap back on. Then I realize I had nothing to drink. Looking around I find no other that Ashleigh, one of Colson"s  friends.

"Hey, do you know where I can get some water or something?"

"Oh, uh yeah. Just go around and take a right, there's a break room with a bunch of drinks."

"Chill. Thanks."

"A friend of Kells is a friend of mine."

Friend of Kells? What the hell is going on? I seriously need to have a talk with that boy. I go backstage where Colson took me earlier and turn right to find a room full of Monsters and various kinds of munchies. I grab a blue Monster,throw the hand full of pills I had in my hand into my mouth and wash them down with a drink. I see a pack of gum on the counter and grab it...what? Who can pass up a chance for free gum? No one. Exactly. Ripping off the plastic and take a piece out while walking back to the stage.