Chapter Eight: Captured

When Haley woke up, the sun was blinding her. She sat up and looked beside her, sweating with fear that Ben might be gone, but thankfully, he was there. These two guys were giving her big suspicions, but they were helping her, so how bad can they be? But then again, they knew a lot about this creature, it was a little creepy and crazy. She looked over at Dean, seeing him sitting with a flask in his hand.

"Rise and shine, we have a big day! " Dean said with a grin.

Haley rolled her eyes, and turned to wake her brother.

"So, how do you know so much about this creature?" Haley asked Dean.

Dean looked up at her cautiously, and smirked," It runs in the family, I guess."

Haley knew he was hiding something from her, but she just couldn't find a reason to be afraid of them.

"C'mon you have to have a better explanation than that!" Haley blurted out.

Dean chuckled," Wow, you are really a pistol... But fine I guess I can tell you little bit about my- 'interesting' life."

Haley went closer to him, anxious to hear the truth, but still she kept her distance. Dean opened his mouth, but Sam started explaining. She could see Dean didn't seem pleased, he stared at Sam for a bit and then he suddenly returned to the conversation.

"This 'creature' we're talking about is a thing called a wendigo." Sam informed her.

Haley nodded her head," A what?"

" A wendigo. It usually starts out as an outdoors man, or an Indian, who gets lost or has no food in their possession. After awhile, the person is transformed into an odd creature. They have great abilities to search out food and well, their food is human meat. It's basically a cannibal, but now it's not even human."

"So how can my brother still even be alive at this point?" Haley started pacing.

"Wendigo hibernate for years at a time, and they store their victims underground so they can eat it whenever they want. So, we are going to find it and burn it." Dean said with a little too much enthusiasm.

"Burn it?" Haley questioned.

"Yeah, the only way to kill it, is burn it," Dean smiled and then broke into a song," It's gettin' hot in here!!"

Haley remember the song, and thought it was funny, but she was too focused on her brother Tommy.

" We really should get going..." Sam warned.

Sam lead the group through the woods, with Dean close behind. They were following bloody marks that the wendigo left behind.

"Dean! Come here!" Sam whispered ferociously.

"What is it now? I just want to find the bitch and burn the hell out of it!" Dean whined.

"I knew it was too easy..."

"What? What is it?" Dean panicked.

"The blood marks... It's way to easy to follow, the wendigo would've been much more complicated. It tricked us, damn it!"

Dean looked around them, and saw that Sam was correct.

"Damn it, this shit is getting tiring...I'm too old for this,"Dean said.

"Dean, you're twenty-six!" Sam raised his eyebrows.

"So what? I'm still to old for this!"

A growl then rises up from the bushes, making everyone get closer together. Haley moves closer to a tree when, blood drips down onto her shoulder. She hears crunches and sees this object falling from the canopy of the tree. She ducks out of the way, and sees the body of Roy.

The body was basically scraps of leftover food. Haley looked away in disgust

"Everyone back to camp!" Dean yells.

Everyone started out in a sprint towards camp, but Ben falls. Sam runs back to get Ben and help him up while Haley and Dean go ahead. Haley and Dean run into a large shadow and Haley screams, but Dean just tried to back up. Ben heard Haley's scream and runs toward it, but they disappeared.

"Dean! Dean, are you ok?" Sam yelled and yelled, but no response.