Chapter 4

I found a note on my kitchen table with a gift box under it.

'Wear this for the gala tonight.

I will come and get you at six.

See you in a heartbeat.'

Aden has his ways with words. He had successfully persuaded me to try out this relationship thing with him. I pulled out a red long dress and a silver heels. I am still not used to Aden's way of spoiling me senseless with luxury goods.

For the past month, I have received more presents than I had on my birthday. It is quite overwhelming to the point that all the things he bought for me, are now lying on my bedroom floor, with nowhere to go.

I had to stop him from literally putting money into my bank because I refused to accept the limitless credit card he tried to give me. I am still trying to persuade him to stop buying me things because I DO NOT NEED IT.

He ignored me. And, I am very annoyed.

Aden has also, in this one month, constantly asked me to move in with him because "All my things are in my house and you said you have no more space for the things I got you. I got a huge empty walk-in wardrobe, waiting for you to fill it up."

I am suspecting that he purposely got me things to fill up my house so that I will agree moving in with him. He said I am over-analysing again.

Stew knocked on my door, standing outside of my apartment, "Ms. Winston, Mr. Wilder asked you to pick a vehicle for the gala tonight,"

I rolled my eyes, letting Stew into my house. "Does he want me to pick for his lunch too? And, Stew, for god sake, stop calling me Ms. Winston. Try Sierra, okay?"

Stew chuckled behind me.

For some reason, Aden left his main bodyguard with me. He didn't want to elaborate on that. I thought about his car collections. There are just too much for me to list out everything.

"What are the event appropriate ones?" I asked, putting away the dress, still trying to get a hold of this weird socialising thing.

"We have the Limousine, Rolls Royce, Bentley..."

I can feel a headache coming up. I sighed, "Can we get one that is inconspicuous?"

"That'll be Bentley," Stew laughed, amused at my reaction, "I will let Mr. Wilder know, Ms..." I shot him a look. Stew cleared his throat, "Sierra."

The news of Aden's girlfriend was on the headline for days. Somehow, we were pictured in restaurant, shopping, even of us walking in to my apartment. My face is blurred from every picture. Finally, Aden did something I'd approved.

I was getting ready, dressed in the red dress when a pair of hands appeared around my neck, I find a necklace sitting nicely on my neck. Aden helped me with the necklace and he placed his lips on my shoulder, "Beautiful. I don't think I will be able to focus with you in this, Sierra. I just want to take it off and make sweet love to you,"

I moaned. Just his words, make my toes curl. I turned to him and laced my arms around him, "We might not be able to make it for the event then,"

"It's worth it," He tried to remove the strap but I stopped him, "No, Aden. You said it's for charity."

He sighed, "Let's go before I lose my mind."

"There will be cameras around, Ms..." Stew stopped himself, cleared his throat, as he chauffeur us to the event. "Sierra. We will try our best to shield you from the cameras. If some photos get leaked, we will try to get it down as soon as possible."