Jacuzzi

“85 and 86?” a blonde HQ agent asks. I can’t help but stare at her dark eyes. It does not fit her blonde hair. She is also wearing office outfit, which surprises me. She looks like an ordinary person although Nate and I know that she is dangerous.

Nate and I nod silently. I grip my bag pack tightly in nervousness. Nate and I have our hunting attires on and our dark glasses so they won’t know how young we are.

“I will lead you to your rooms,” she says almost robotically. She turns and walks. Nate and I trail behind her as we look at our surrounding. Many HQ agents walking up and down in chaos. We pass by where all HQ agents train. I shudder when I see a scary-looking agent take down four virtual werewolves at once. Not even I can do that.

The blonde HQ agent leads us into a fancy-looking elevator where there are mirrors above us. How can they afford all this?

Once the elevator dings, Nate and I follow the HQ agent through a hallway with rooms. Now it looks like a hotel.

“Wait,” the HQ agent instructs. Nate and I stop instantly. She puts her hands out. “Give me your bags.”

“Why?” Nate questions in his hunter voice.

She shrugs. “It’s procedure. You can’t keep your weapons. Don’t worry though, we’ll return it before you leave.”

“Why can’t we keep them?” I ask now.

“It’s just that we don’t want any other hunters trying to kill each other. It happened once,” she says.

Nate and I give her our bags as she takes out all our weapons, including knives. Then she checks on us whether we have weapons hidden.

The HQ agent puts our weapons into a box written ‘85&86’ on it. Another HQ agent, which I did not realize was behind us, carries the box and disappears.

I notice that all HQ agents have dark eyes no matter what color their hairs are.

“Come,” the blonde HQ agent says. We follow her to a room with ‘85&86’ on it. “You’ll be staying here.”

The HQ agent unlocks the door, revealing a glorious huge room with three separate beds. It has a large screen television and a miniature kitchen. I open the bathroom door to see a Jacuzzi. A Jacuzzi! 

However, I wonder why they have an extra bed…

“Here are your keys,” the HQ agent says, throwing the keys at Nate. “There’ll be dinner with other hunters at seven so I recommend you get ready and wear professional. Professional as in a suit and dress. Another HQ agent will pick you up at six fourty-five. Do you have any questions?”

I shake my head while Nate asks, “How long are we staying here?”

“You can return by tomorrow,” the HQ agent says.

“We have a Jacuzzi!” I whisper to Nate.

When Nate disappears to check out the Jacuzzi, I quickly tell the HQ agent, “Director asked to see me.”

The HQ agent nods stiffly. “I’m aware. He has clients to attend to now so he asked me to tell you that he’ll meet up with you after dinner.”

I nod in understanding.

The HQ agent walks out of the room after that.

We have only forty-five minutes to get ready for the dinner and to meet other hunters.

Author's Note

I have no idea what to do right now! I was planning for this book to end after 70 parts but now I have even more ideas! Do you think I should squeeze it all in one book or make a sequel? I don't know... 

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.