Chapter 3

Twilight stares into the purple eyes and shakes. "Who are you? Wh-what do you want?"

"You want to know my name?" The eyes vanish. "I'm the dream you always had," the voice whispers in her ear.

Twilight turns around only to find the darkness from which she came from. "We've got to find everypony else before they are killed as well!"

"Yes," Strife says as if he was bored. "Lets hurry along before its too late."

Twilight began to run down the halls of the asylum, the cries of the other prisoners and the bloodstained walls mining at her sanity. She turns a corner and bumps into Apple Jack.

"Apple Jack," Twilight cried. "I'm so glad you're alive!"

She grins. "I'm glad you're alive too." The farmer turns around and sends two powerful hooves into Twilight's face. She is launched into a concrete wall and gasps viciously for air. When she looks up, Apple Jack is above her, hoof poised to attack. "Now I can kill you!"

"Apple Jack, wait!" A familiar silhouette appeared behind the farmer and a blade popped out of her skull. Her eyes cross as the blood trickles down her orange fur. "Apple Jack!"

"Don't cry little girl," the purple eyes whisper. "We all die eventually. You just gotta learn to let it go... Let it go..."

"Let it go, Twilight," Strife seductively whispers. "Just let it go."

Twilight's bright purple fur grows a few shades darker and a strange grin prints itself on her face. "Let it go..."