Canberra: my new life

I left Adelaide on the 7th of January, 2009. I spent 14 days in the car. When we arrived, we stayed on the top floor on the corner of an amazing apartment with a breath taking view. We were ment to be there for 1 week but ended up staying for 3 weeks coz the house we were going to move into wasnt ready yet.

I spent only 2 weeks unpacking and then i started at the local school down the road. the school had only been open for a year then. I was starting on a monday with all the other new kids. I was taken to a large open area were we were put into classes. On our way there, I looked over and saw a girl my age smilling at me. I turned away in a shy way.

It turned out that that girl was in my class. Her name was Ghislaine. She had just moved from Queensland. We became really good friends. I then met all the other girls in my class the next day. They were all so nice too me. I had a great time till week 2.....

By then i had developed a cough which then turned into a severe cough by week 3 and made me stay off school for quite some time. It didnt get better and by week 4, i was taken to the doctors. They sent me to get x-rays and i found out i had pnemonia. I was given some medicine but wasnt effecive so i had to go back to get some different medication.

The regular doctor i always had wasnt there so i had a different doctor. He put me on some over medicine. I had an allergic reaction to this one. I came out in hives and felt sick. So back to the doctors and i got some (yet again) different medicine that helped my chest get better.

I was off school for over 7 weeks. I couldnt compete in the swimming carnival and do sport with out chocking and coughing up flem. I still do if i do long distance running but its not as bad as it used to be.

The rest of the year flew by. Towards the end of the year, i applied for prefect and was chosen along with 3 other kids. I spent christmas up at my auntys place and spent new years at my next door nieghbours place i couldnt wait to begin my new year as junoir school prefect in year 6