#24 Divergent

We have war inside us. Sometimes it keeps us alive. Sometimes it threatens to destroy us.

Maybe there is some Abnegation in everyone. Well, in everyone but Peter.

~Tris Prior~

Leaving us with Eric is like hiring a babysitter who spends his time sharpening knives.

We believe in orfinary acts of bravery. In the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

~Dauntless Manifesto~

Becoming fearless isn't the point, that's impossible.  It's learning how to control your fear and how to be free from it.

~Four~

I used to think the Dauntless were fearless. But maybe what I saw as fearless was actually fear under control.

~Tris~

I am selfish. I am brave. I am divergent.

~Tris~

Therefore I chose to turn away from my reflection to rely not on myself but on my brothers and sisters to project always outward until I disappear.

~Abnegation Manifesto~

We know that while we are flawed in a unique way, we are not unique because we are flawed. Therefore we can be authentic. We have no suspicions, and we are at peace with those around us.

~Candor Manifesto~

I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different.

Two things that you should know about me. The 1st is that I am deeply suspicious of people in general.  It is my nature to expect the worst of them. And the 2nd is that I am unexpectedly good with computers.

~Four~

I never used to understand why people bothered to hold hands as they walked. But then he runs on of his fingertips down my palm and shiver and understand it completely. ~Tris~

Sometimes if you want the truth you have to demand.

Did you just make a joke Tris? We should have put you on painkillers more often if you're going you start cracking jokes.

~Four~

Fear doesn't shut you down.  It wakes you up.

There is power in self sacrifice.

People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets.

I can't leave now. I like her too much. There, I said it. But I won't say it again.

~Four~

We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper. In defending those who cannot defend themselves.

~Dauntless Manifesto~