Chapter 35

By the time I woke up Keisha was already gone. Today was the day I would start to look for a job even though I literally had no energy from lack of sleep.

I went downstairs, made breakfast and then ate it nearly falling asleep. As much as I didn't want to go out today, I knew I had to.

I got ready then ran out the door, making sure I locked it with a spare key Keisha had given me because she knew I was going out.

I got in my car and drove into the centre of the city. I knew I wasn't going to have much luck. I look terrible because lack of sleep and a lot of people go for the same jobs, why would they chose me?

I shook my head, trying to get those thoughts out of my head and replace them with positive ones.

I pulled up outside a shop and walked into it trying fake a smile. The turned me town.

I got into my car again. "This is going to be a long day" I said to myself.

Numerous shops and restaurants had turned me away but I thought I'd try one last shop.

I thought that I would try Starbucks. As soon as I walked in I felt different then what I had in other shops. I felt hopeful about this one. The only problem was that it brought back memories if when I first met Sawyer. It made me miss him even more. I decided to continue anyway.

"How can I help you?" the assistant asked politely

"Erm... I was wondering if you had any jobs available" I nervously answered

"We do actually need someone, I'll take you through to the manager" he said gesturing me to follow him

After she interviewed me, the manager pulled me aside and said "I hope you are free weekends"

I internally celebrated, things were slowly starting to go right again. "Yes, yes I am" I smiled

"Well you've got the job then" the manager smiled back

After saying goodbye, I walked out the shop. My smile wasn't fake like it was this morning. I got back in my car and drove to Keisha's house. I couldn't wait to tell her the news.

(A/N thank you all for 20k reads, I'm glad you like this story)