Chapter 2 - Mystery Man

Unfamiliar faint whispers had gradually grown more & more existent making Kakashi grumbled in annoyance being since he was barely repossessing his consciousness. He attempted to shift his body in a steady, careful gesture in order for him to get a design of the location he was currently at but instantly discarded it as a result of his body quivering from the misery it felt. However, what he could make out from under all the ache he was sustaining was that he was beneath some sort of thin material and thought he was laying on the rigid ground which he later concluded was just a very rough mattress, although, being since the mattress wasn't the most comfortable to rest upon, his spine had dangerously developed an unforgiving pang, making Kakashi let out a deep agonizing whimper for help. Incredibly, foot steps began to appear within the distance of the disturbingly quiet room he was in before they stopped right beside Kakashi's bed. They placed their gentle palm on his unpleasantly bruised shoulder saying in such a sweet warming tone "If you're awake, please try opening your eyes." It was a women's voice. Kakashi obediently tried opening his eyes only to be blinded by the brightness of the room making his eyes shudder until they somewhat adjusted as his vision was once again obscured, however, he could effortlessly indicate that the women standing before him was a nurse by the uniform she was wearing given since she started her career. His eyes widely opened as he was now able to regain flashbacks of that nightmare under the moon, falling bodies, vermilion blood splattering brutally as he could do nothing to rescue his comrades but to fall himself after being ruptured by a kunai in his thigh. He jerked swiftly trying to sit up but was only met with excruciating pain making him cry out in torment before the nurse came to assist him helping him up "Sir, please be careful" she sternly said before lightly massaging his terribly aching body. Kakashi was repeatedly feeling so many emotions as his primes were despair and fury causing him to utterly lash out at the nurse as if she were the reason that he had failed the mission, "How did I survive, lady?!" his tone was vulgar with the up most absurdity in his voice making the nurse flinch with horror before muttering as if she were apprehensive about Kakashi's behavior "Sir, p-please calm dow-," "Tell me!" Kakashi cut her off with a very frantic & bothered tone now as she noticed his eyes were brimming with desperation, letting her to console herself for a brief moment as her voice was no longer stuttering "Sir, I don't know, but Tsunade is heading over here to talk about it." Kakashi was tensed as his muscles were struggling to hold him up, not just because of his strained body, but because his emotions were tiring him out causing his upper weak limbs to quiver while he was alarmingly quiet.

        Thirty minutes had slowly gone by before both the nurse & Kakashi perceived a knock upon the room door he was in prior to when the nurse politely stood up to open the door for the expected visitor.  Tsunade stepped eagerly inside the room, almost yearning to see if Kakashi wasn't dead after being neatly delivered to the hospital's ER from the most abusive mission he had been sent upon yet, which, evidently, was extinguished from the market of being completed. Though, she soon distinguished that he was in a stable condition, which she had been greatly pleased to see, but he had also been maliciously injured, she noticed, being since the majority of his body had been bandaged where the deep wounds were. Kakashi's eyes glowed from seeing Tsunade finally as he had so many questions building up inside of him which he was so anxious to ask. "Tsunad-!" He tried muttering out before she rose up her hand to make him pause. "Now before you start asking questions, start by telling me of what you remember from last night," She said calmly trying to ease Kakashi into the dreadful situation he was a part of. After Tsunade had practically demanded for details of the failed mission, that resulted in blood shed, Kakashi received a shiver down his aching spine, making him shudder as he wasn't so sure he could bring himself to tell the "tragic tale" causing Tsunade to sigh in impatience, rubbing her head before groaning in irritation. "Okay, okay, fine then i'll answer to your question. You're wondering how you escaped, aren't you?" she looked at him expressionless as she had a plain tone. Kakashi was slightly stunned by her profession of getting into one's mind, but he stayed hushed and just nodded politely as a burning sensation was deep within Kakashi's stomach while he had a great urge of gaining the knowledge. Tsunade moderately chuckled as she shook her head "Well, to be honest, we don't know what-- or who carried you back into Konoha, but what we do know is that it was some sort of strange figure in a black cowled cloak who he himself was wounded, we could tell, being since blood was dripping off his mantle. We offered to help but he refused our service and appealed to us that we should be focusing on you." she said in a soft tone as she was even trying to process this information being since she was just told this, she hand't witnessed it herself. "Then he ran off, most claim they at no time endorsed him enter or leave the gates of Konoha." She sighed in relief since the explanations were now finally over. 

        Kakashi had this troubled look upon his face as he had no belief that this actually happen being since handling this much input bewildered him, but he then, suddenly, attained recollections of when he was partially dead on the knobbly earth of the battlefield as his vital fluids began to create a pool of their own. He recalled when the figure came up to him and gently embraced him into his warm body, keeping him so close as protection from any other lingering enemies as he head towards Konoha. He remembered vividly how warm he felt, how secure & safe he was within the strangers caring arms as he was certain to die if he hadn't been courageous sufficiently for him to rescue Kakashi. He recalled trying to take a glimpse of his protectors face but was only able to view just below his nose since the generality of his face was hidden within the shadows cast from his hood. The male figure had such handsome features from what he saw; his lips were well define & handsomely manly, his chin was slightly protruding in a charming way while his jawline was somewhat narrow. Kakashi slightly began stroking the sides of his arms as he lightly hugged himself from the thought of that mysterious man. He had only wish that he could share his gratitude towards him.

        Tsunade had be gawking at the Hatake lost in reverie for about five minutes now as one of her eyebrows were raised in disorientation being since she was feeling awkward as hell and finally decided to speak. "If your done staring into space, I need to ask a question" she said in a very blunt somewhat rude tone as she rested her hands on her hips shaking. "And that would be?" Kakashi responded in the same tone of voice as a taunt to tease her being since he was getting slightly annoyed from her attitude as she glared at him with disgust & disapproval before speaking "Well we need to know if you believe you may know the man under that hood of his." Kakashi hesitated for a concise moment, pondering whether or not the bottom half of the man's alluring face was recognizable, but hopelessly swayed his head as to refer to 'No.' Tsunade nodded and smiled warmly "Well alright then, I'll still need a report soon describing the mission, but for now you're free to go home, and make sure to rest. I'll notify your students you're taking a week or a few off." she said in a now very sweet & caring voice winking at Kakashi. "Also your cloths are right beside your bed whenever you desire to leave the hospital" she added before leaving the room to attend to her Hokage duties up in the temple. Kakashi painfully looked over his shoulder being since all his limbs were tremendously sore noticing his cloths on a metal tray before grasping them & sliding his midnight blue under-long sleeve first as the sleeves were long enough to tuck away most of his bandages, so no body would persto their attention upon him being since all he wanted to do was head home. After not bothering to wear his vest, Kakashi powerlessly & sluggishly stood up trying to walk but noticed the leg that had been stabbed was limping exceedingly, however, he just didn't care. It was a limp. nothing to bad to where he would immobile. So he limped out of the lonely room , trying to find the exit in the hall before finally making his way outside. He took a long exaggerated deep breath of the clear refreshing air that astonishingly didn't smell like decaying flesh, sighing in satisfaction before slowly pasting himself his way home. Once he got home he laid up on his bed snuggling himself in the blankets trying to get comfortable just like he was when he was in the Mystery Man's arms giving him immense contentment. However...... 

        The abnormal thing is; he couldn't help but feel ...ever since he woke up... he was being watched.... More than usual.....