Part 4

Sam and I started doing our tutoring sessions, which mostly consisted of him saying something crudely offensive and me yelling at him for it

Sam and I started doing our tutoring sessions, which mostly consisted of him saying something crudely offensive and me yelling at him for it. Then him apologizing, then back to tutoring. He wasn't an idiot, he was actually pretty smart. I think most of it is just him feeling like he isn't good enough to be able to do it.

I was sitting in the commons alone as usual one Monday. Sam sometimes thought it was funny to come over and sit by me and bug me about whatever I was listening to until I told him to go away, in which he listened. He came over one day, as usual.

He swerved into the chair next to me and smiled.

"Hi."

"Hello Sam."

"You need to do something fun."

"Wow, gentle much?"

"I didn't mean it as offensive, I'm just saying you gotta have some fun, like go have a night on the town, you're just always by yourself."

"I have fun for your information, and I have nights on the town."

"Oh I'm sure you do" he smirked.

"Fine I don't, you happy? In case you hadn't notice I'm not exactly a social butterfly, I don't know the people to do that kind of stuff."

" You got me." he smiled. "What do you say, let's hang out on Friday and I can show around the wonderous attractions that our wonderful town has to offer?"

"I'm your tutor not your friend." I replied.

"Wow gentle much?" He smiled.

I looked at him for a moment, what was it about this kid? He came out of nowhere and felt the need to change my life. He pissed me off but at the same time I liked him.

"Ugh, you're just gonna keep bugging me about it until I say yes, aren't you?" I question.

"Absolutely." he grins.

"Fine."

"Great, expect to hang out after school until late Friday night." he starts to walk off.

"I have a curfew, ya know?"

"So do I, but who says we gotta obey it?" He smiles and walks off, clearly pleased with himself.

The rest of the week slowly progressed on by, paying me into anticipation and anxiety about Friday night. It's not like I was scared of Sam or that I was nervous about the situation, it was more so the anticipation of what exactly Sam was planning. He never exactly gave me any information about what we were gonna do. Friday eventually came however.

Sam as usual as I would expect would come to my locker and pester me until we left. But, after I left my final class of the day, I was surprised to not see him there. I felt hurt, he forgot didn't he. Odd how I didn't even want to go in the first place yet I was holding onto it. I held my head  down, in shame almost and made my way outside. Startled, I heard a car horn beep at me. I look up to see a blue Jeep wrangler, 1997 by the looks of it. I knew cars, because my father was a mechanic, well used to be. Of course, Sam was sitting inside.