Chapter 5- Reunion

Just then, there was a faint noise from the back of the store. "Hey, did you guys hear that?" Thompson said meekly, gripping the rails of the Dancy Pants Revolution machine. The teens grouped up and slowly went to investigate in the direction the sound had come from. I know that sound, Star thought to herself, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. "Uh guys," Dipper said, staring intently at the end of the isle. His eyes were wide with fear. The group followed his terrified gaze, and there standing at the other end of the store was a dark, hooded figure of a person. Star pushed her way to the front of the group, and made eye contact with the stranger. There was no power in the building, and it was almost impossible to see anything. Despite the poor lighting, when the person saw Star, their eyes instantly lit up. They rushed at Star, and before anyone could react, they had thrown their arms around the blonde princess, engulfing her in a tight embrace. Tambry turned on her phone's flashlight, and the person was revealed to be a tall brown haired boy, wearing a red hoodie. The room was silent.

"Star..." the boy breathed, not loosening his grip on the blonde, "I was so scared I'd lost you." Star returned the boy's embrace, and the two held each other for a few moments, but to them it felt like an eternity. When they did part, Star's gaze dropped to the dusty tile floor. "Marco..." she whispered, "how did you find me?"

"When you left the castle, I assumed you'd gone home, but I couldn't find my scissors," he said, crossing his arms and glaring at Star, who blushed. "So I had to ask Hekapoo for a new pair. She of course said no, unless I wanted to spend another sixteen years earning them again. So I just borrowed Manfred's," Marco said, pulling out the shiny pair of dimensional scissors. "But when you weren't at the house," he continued, "that's when I really got scared.

"I went back to Mewni and told your mom that I couldn't find you. I told her about the spying spell you used that one time to find Glossaryck, but without your wand it was really hard. Your mom had to really dip down, and I mean really. Her eyes glowed all white and she even levitated off the ground. When we got a clear picture of where you were, your dad saw you talking to some guy, and he said he recognized him. He told us that he lived in Gravity Falls, Oregon, so... that about sums it all up." He pulled Star into another, much gentler hug.

"...don't you ever scare me like that again"

***********************************

None of the older teens had said a word since Marco had first appeared. Everyone was totally speechless. Dipper finally broke the silence. "Yeah, Mabel was totally right," he said, pointing to Marco with his thumb. "He's a keeper." Marco looked at the group of teens, eyeing each of them before his gaze settled on Dipper. "Who are these people, Star? Do you know them?"

"These are... my new friends..." Star said, motioning to the group. "This is Dipper," she said, who awkwardly smiled. "And Wendy," she said, gesturing to the tall redhead. "Sup," Wendy said, putting her hand on her hip. Marco started blankly at all of them, and then back at Star. He turned to face the older teens, shoving his hands into his pockets. "C-can I, uh," he stammered, looking intently at the ground. "I'd like a minute alone with Star, please."

Dipper tipped his hat downwards, so that it covered his face. He walked outside, Wendy and the other teens following suit. Once they'd all left, Marco and Star were alone in the dark abandoned store. Marco hadn't looked up from the ground. He quickly wiped his eyes with the heel of his palm, before looking up at the princess.

"I was so worried about you, Star," he said, his voice trembling. He lightly took both of her hands in his. "I never want to lose you. You're my best friend." His expression then changed, and he slowly let go of her hands. "But..." he said softly, rubbing the back of his neck, "do you... have a crush on me?"