11

"Wings," Ms. Raid paces back and forth as she speaks. "Let's discuss wings shall we?" Suddenly a wave of air pushes me and all the other students back and out of our chairs. "I'm sorry kids." We all groan as we get back into our seats. In front of us she stood proud with hear pearl white wings.

"These are angel wings. I'm sure you guys already know what they look like. All of you should have yours by now." My stomach drops. Everyone should have them by now? Why hadn't I got mine yet? I frown when I hear someone behind my talking about theirs. How white they were and how pretty the feathers were. I wanted that.

"Uh, Miss shouldn't yours have fallen off by now?" The rooms gasps at the boys question. He looks around confused before his eyes land on Ms. Raid. Now he just looked scared. If looks could kill, he'd be dead. He basically called her old.

"No, I'm only 30," more like 300 years old. "But I guess that brings me to what I was going to discuss next. These do fall of at a point. After years of flying, it causes them to weaken. When wings weaken so do we. So we must shed them." She goes deep into the process of how they come off and I definitely wasn't looking forward to that.

"Hey," a whisper comes from my right. Jackson waves at me and I roll my eyes at him. "Can you lend me a pencil. I want to take notes." This guy wants to take notes? I would have never guessed. If I had to describe him, he seemed like the delinquent you see in movies. You know they one that has tattoos and dresses like he's tough and he doesn't give a shit about school. I guess I'm wrong though. After all, he just asked for a pencil.

I pass him one and instead of a thanks he winks at me. Once again I roll my eyes. Not wanting to waste any time thinking about him I turn back to the professor.

She has now put her wings away and is sat behind a computer. She clicked something and a slideshow popped up on the white board.

"These first wings are fairy wings." I stared at the picture. The wings al had different designs. They were clear but they had a colorful glow. They were beautiful and delicate. "They keeps their wings forever. Their wings are more important. They can't really live with out them." She proceeds to explain about what happens to them if they lose their wings or injure them.

"Moving on," she switches to the next slide and black wings fill the screen. I felt a tension-that was not their before- form around the room. "These are fallen angel wings or demon wings. The resemble angel wings except they are black." I was probably not supposed to admit this but they were beautiful. Almost as beautiful as angel wings. The black color made the feathers look so elegant.

"Unlike angels, demons keep their wings. However, the feathers do fall off with in time. They lose their feathers like they lose their- you know what never mind." She laughs at her own unfinished joke. Do you consider that a joke or was it supposed to be a diss?

For the rest of class we went through the slides. I never realized how different all wings were. I actually never thought about wings until now but they were so fascinating. I wanted mine and I felt like their was something wrong with me. Why had they not popped out yet? Was I going to die if they didn't? Was I sick?

"Alright, get out of my room." She pointed to the door as the bell rang. Everyone got up from their seats and went on with their day.

"Hey Luna," I come to halt at the sound of my name. "Can I see your wings?" The boy raised his eyebrows at me and I pushed him.

"Don't you have better things to do than flirt with me? Go away Jackson." He smirked at me and shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm free right now. So nope I have nothing better to do." I begin to speak when I see Saige. I quickly walk over to her. "Well I am"