The Vladonald War

"Wow," I peeped.

"Yeah man, I know it's a lot to take.."

We stood in silence not knowing what to do. Finally, Fane broke the silence. He walked over to one of the bookshelves and climbed up the ladder. He took a thick book from the top and climbed down.

"I was diggin' through some of the books when I found this thing." He opened up the book to reveal a small envelope.

Neat writing filled the small midsection of the envelop. One word.

Kodiak

"Didn't open it. Obviously meant for ya. Think it's from Aubrey."

I just stared at it.

Fane cleared his throat awkwardly, "Kodi, my arms are getting tired. Ya think you could..."

I shook myself and quickly grabbed the envelope. Slowly, I opened it and pulled the sheets out.

It was information about the Hulta plant.

~*~

By the time I left Fane's room, work was coming to an end. I figured I might as well go to my bunk. I lay on the hard mattress and glanced at the sheets. How did she know about the Hulta plant? I then turned to my book, and opened up to the blank page.

It had an outline of the tree. It was small, like a bonsai tree, but the top was rounded and bushy. I looked at the pages from Aubrey. The pictures matched. Maybe it meant something. It could help us in some way:

What is a Hulta pant?

Hulta, meaning secret, is told to be able to communicate with humans. They are a very rare species as they were genetically mutated during the stages of the Vladonald War. The war began in the year 2019 when two of the world's super powers united. 

New technology was coming out including the Hulta plant. It could tell the enemy's secrets, hence the name. Unfortunately, one thing wasn't corrected. The price of the secret. The Hulta would lead people into traps in exchange for the information, but that wasn't the only way to get injured or get killed. If you do not listen to a Hulta plant it will never talk to you again. They may even try to kill you the second time.

During the last stages of the Vladonald War, what was known as a 'bomb' went off destroying many places in the world and scattering the Hulta plants. Many people died, but many survived by taking shelter in safer places. The war ended in 2038. A law passed in 2043. All records of the war must be destroyed. Nobody may talk about it. 

Hopefully, this document will survive.

I know I haven't updated in a while. Sorry! 

Hope you enjoyed that chapter!

[BTW, for those of you who are wondering how to pronounce "Fane" - it rhymes with "pain"/"gain"...]

Comment
Vote
Follow
~EverFaith03