Research

I spent weeks pouring over the papers and information I had trying to piece everything together.

But what I didn't understand is why I needed this plant. I knew Aubrey wanted me to have this information, but there was something more. She needed me to get the plant and do something with it.

While I was skipping meals and not attending work, life went on.

I was constantly studying, and Fane grew more and more distant. Not just from me, but from the entire community. All the work that he had to do was obviously done by someone else. When he announced new plans, he seemed to just recite words. After awhile, nobody liked Fane being a leader very much.

~*~

I sat on my bunk hunched over my book pouring over the information.
The creaky door slowly opened making me flinch. A shadow was there making its way over to me.

"Hey Kodiak," it said sitting next to me, "Still researching?"

It was just Kiyoshi. "Yeah."

"What good is this going to do?" He asked. "What's so... important about it?"

"I need this plant. Or I think I do. I think Aubrey wanted me to get this."

"Aubrey?"

"Uhuh," I mumbled.

"Interesting... well good luck." Kiyoshi said exiting the bunks.

I know it's a really short chaptet, but I do have something coming up!!! ;)

~EverFaith03