Nineteen: Pressure

DANIELLA P.O.V.

I felt like I had no control of my emotions and the ESPYS were tonight. I was on my way to my hair, nails, and makeup appointment at Rihanna's house. She promised to hook me up because she was thankful for all the work I was doing to help with the Diamond Ball, and that's exactly what I was doing. Running errands all day, making calls, and spending hours on my laptop just to prove to her that I was competent. Blake and I hadn't spoken to each other a whole lot the past couple of days since I had flipped on him. I felt bad but he knew I was dealing with a lot of pressure with the Diamond Ball. The ESPYS were a breeze; everyone knew us, but at the Diamond Ball I was still a nobody. I drove through her gate and was escorted inside and taken to her makeup room. I sat down in the chair and Robyn was nowhere to be found. I was wearing a long, black gown that exposed my back and shoulders; I wanted makeup everywhere. They beat the hell outta my face. I usually did my own makeup, but it was nice to have someone else do it professionally for once. My eyeliner, lashes, and highlighter were on point. They gave me a heavy smokey eye that you couldn't miss, even if you wanted to. My eyebrows looked a little heavier than normal, but it wasn't too noticeable. I didn't want to shock Blake too much, from my usual makeup looks. They put my hair up into an elegant big top bun, and I was starting to feel like Robyn, but I snapped out of it. My nails were a little long, oval, and white. It was about 4 ½ hours before I was ESPYS ready. I was in my black gown and heels, waiting for Blake to come pick me up.

"Daniella, my queen! My beautiful gal!" I heard Robyn chime behind me. As tired as I was from running errands, I wiped on a pleasant face and hugged her. "You look absolutely dashing, my love!" She said in a British accent.

"Thank you." I said half-heartedly.

"What's wrong?" She asked walking closer to my. I turned away and she grabbed my hand. "Follow." She whispered walking me out of the room and into her envious living room. It was so abstract and beautiful at the same time; I wanted it.

"I'm just a little tired." I said smiling again. She leaned forward and I knew she was onto me.

"Daniella, if you can't do everything on the checklists let me know, I would never torture you into things you can't handle."

"No! I can handle it, I'm just tired because of myself; I promise I'll have everything done by the time the Ball is here."

"Dani, you're one of my best friends. If you're tired, you're tired. You haven't been doing these types of things as long and I understand it's a lot on you. You work hard and you work well. You don't have to explain it to me; I know you." She said relieving my anxiety.

"I just didn't want you to think I was incompetent and unable to do anything but be your friend." I said tearing up but holding it back because my makeup was too perfect.

"Dani, you are one of be most competent friends that I have! I was eventually going to ask you if you were interested in being my booking assistant, but I know you're busy with your own life. You belong at FENTY Corp." She said making me tear up again.

"Robyn, I would be so honored." I said holding my chest. Working for one of the most successful business woman in the world was the best feeling anyone could ever have.

"Well... You in nigga!" She yelled hugging me. She helped me stand up and led me outside to the chauffeur. I got inside the large black SUV and sat next to my husband. He grabbed my neck and kissed me hard for a few seconds, which surprised me since we hadn't talked in so long.

"You look gorgeous." He said holding my hand.

"Thank you, and you messed up my lipstick." I said chuckling. I looked up and down at his tuxedo. "You look so fuckable in that tuxedo." I said holding back the urge to straddle him right then and there. He put his arm around my waist as we made our way to downtown LA. We arrived and the paparazzi were all over Blake and I; it was the best feeling ever. We got to our tables and we shared a table with Tammy and her man. We chatted up for quite some time before Emma arrived with Austin. It was a little awkward considering Emma defended GiGi like she was her best friend, but I forgave her. Blake wasn't nominated for anything but he was still the talk of the town. His break from the spotlight was really making people curious about what he was up to; screwing me, that's what he was up to. Peyton Manning decided to make a few jabs at everyone and then he got to Kevin Durant. Kevin's face on the big screen had Blake and I in tears. Switching over to Russell Westbrook made it even worse. I laughed and enjoyed all the winners and their speeches; the ESPYS never failed to amuse me. I was so busy talking to Tammy that I hadn't been paying much attention to Blake at all that night. He looked kind of bummed out toward the end of the night.

"Hey, honey, you okay?" I asked.

"It'd just be nice to at least win." He whispered and crossed his arms looking away from me. I grabbed his arm and he turned back.

"Blake, you are a winner. These are just the glorified ones. One day, you are gonna win and it'll be after a lot more hard work and perseverance." I said holding his arm tighter. He cracked a smiled and sat back with his arms crossed. He looked like a pouting little kid in front of all these professionals.

"Blake, can you please stop pouting like a child in front of everyone?" I whispered. I didn't regret what I said but I couldn't believe he was being so immature.

"I hope you're having fun." He said with a nasty attitude.

"What?" I said a little louder but in a whisper.

"I hope you're enjoying YOUR night. This night is about my hard work, not about how stuck up you can become in a matter of days. I blame Robyn. Tonight is my night; I'm the NBA player."

"Well... Maybe I should go then." I said politely standing up from the table and walking out of the extremely large room.