Twelve: Stutter Strobe Lights

BLAKE P.O.V.

"Aye, man." DJ said walking up to me. He gave me that goofy ass look and I knew exactly what he was about to ask."

"DJ, I'm married, I have kids, we have new agents..."

"This is not the same type of club, Blake, on my momma."

"All clubs are the same and my wife would kill me; you know her. You know she'd kill me. She'd kill me in front of you and then kill you; she's crazy."

"Blake, don't tell me you scared of the wifey? You sprung now?"

"It's called respect."

"I'm sure she's gone to the club without tell y-"

"No." I said walking away.

"Blake, too scared to go, cuh. Let's roll." DJ said to a couple other teammates.

"I'm not too scared. I don't want to be disrespectful to my marriage. We told each other enough games." I said and there was silence.

"Then, c'mon playboy. Nobody said you gotta stay all night."

"Yeah. Right."

"Your choice, playboy, before all this family stuff, you was pulling chicks left and right just by your looks."

"You mean my money."

"Whatever man; puss out if you want to."

"DJ, I traded in all that for a family, and that's what I love."

"You're not happy and you know it. You. love. bad. bitches." DJ said spinning around.

"Grow up."

"You man up! I'm living life! You're in your twenties and you're gonna let your wife slow you down? This right here is a confidence builder. The club and the alcohol and the women, Blake, come on!"

"Have fun." I said walking away.

"Did I tell you the Kardashians might be there?"

"Don't want them, don't need them..."

"Blake, you have got to learn to keep a secret and to live a little. You're gonna regret it when you're old."

"I won't."

"Fine. Just... Just have a few drinks with the boys... No harm done; I promise it won't get crazy, my dude." He said laughing.

"We'll see." I said walking over to DJ. Once again he had talked me into making a potentially life changing mistake I would reap for the next year.

_________________________

Strobe lights. Alcohol. Loud music. Girls with fake boobs and ass shots walked around and it made me miss Daniella's natural body even more. I sat in the corner of the VIP booth trying to hide from reporters, friends of my wife; basically everybody. I took about 5 shots and I was definitely feeling myself. I was hot and horny and nothing good was about to happen tonight. I told my wife that I was at a team meeting and we were playing 2K at DJ's and she believed me; she said I deserved a break. FUCK. I was seeing a whole lot, but not much of anything that really mattered to me. I got up with DJ and we started dancing with some random girls. One blonde started dancing on me and everything seemed to slow down. Her body fit right in with society, and that felt wrong to me. I knew deep down she wasn't happy, and she only knew I had money.

I felt someone push up against me and it was some nobody ass fuck nigga probably touring L.A.

"Yo, is that Blake fucking Griffin?" One guy pointed and laughed. "Wife must not be doing the job at home." The white boy said and laughed. I felt guilty because my wife was so talented and here I was betraying her; now I was mad.

"Shhut the fuck up, bitch." I said shoving him. The guy tried to punch me, but I threw him into another group of people. The guy tried taking a picture and I snatched his phone away and deleted it.

"Yo, let's get outta here. This guy is trying to kill us." The one said after he picked up his friend. DJ grabbed me after the scene and told me to just chill in V.I.P. until everyone was ready to go; I couldn't go home that night, not like this.

"There's so sh gonna sue me." I said with my face in my hands stuttering.

"Yo, just chill out, Blake. Just keep your head down and I'll round up everybody."

__________________________

I spent the rest of the night at DJ's. I was hungover and trying to shake it off so I could go home and face my family. I wasn't sure what happened with those two guys, but I was hoping it didn't escalate any further. I drove home and walked inside and it was almost completely silent, except the TV was blaring in the other room. I silently closed the door and tip-toed to the living room and Daniella was standing there facing me while I saw my face on the news. I felt my heart drop and I wanted to cry, but I was a man, but I made a huge mistake.

"Have a seat, Blake." Daniella said backing up and waving toward the couch. She was definitely gonna kill me.