I Can Barely Keep My Eyes Wide Open

Morticia sat knitting a new sweater for one of their dear cousins while Gomez stood on his head reading the paper. "Hey, what do you know, there's going to be an end to this heat spell!" Gomez shouted excitedly, flipping the page. "Oh...next week..."

Morticia looked at him with sympathetic eyes before returning them to her knitting.

With a groan of disgust, he tossed the paper aside and rolled down to sit cross-legged on the floor. "How are you feeling, by the way, darling?" He asked her as he watched her skillfully work her needles.

"A little tired, but better than I was," Morticia answered as she looked at him with her unique, closed-mouthed smile. "Your smoothie was a real remède miracle."

"French, Tish!" Gomez shouted, leaping to his feet and practically pouncing at her. He immediately began placing feverish kisses and sharp love bites from her wrist up to her shoulder, begging her to speak more French and Morticia soon had to calm him down for his kisses were making her hotter than she already was due to the 90 degree weather.

Patting his shoulder, Morticia purred, her voice thick with growing arousal, "Later, Mon Cher, later. It's much too hot."

Gomez placed one final kiss to her hair before pulling away with a nod. Shaking his head to regain himself, he muttered something about the heat before stating, "Yes. Well, with Lurch away with Mama for some bat hunting, I think I'll fix myself up some lunch."

"I'll come with you," Morticia replied, setting aside her knitting to stand up.

As she stood, she was suddenly overcome by a wave of nausea and she had to grab her chair to keep from falling. Gomez was by her side the instant he saw her stumble, and held her securely.

"Morticia!" he called to her, startled. "Are you alright?"

The whole room was spinning and with wide eyes she gave her head a quick shake and everything was back to normal, minus now she had another throbbing headache.

"I'm fine, darling," Morticia reassured him, squeezing his arm. "I just moved too fast and this heat doesn't help."