I Awake From Madness, Just In Time...One More Time...

*2 Days Later*

"I still can't believe this," Gomez said as he sat next to his wife with a cup of Henbane. "How lucky we truly are."

Morticia looked up from her knitting with a smile before stating, "Just so you know; even if it had gotten your soul, I would still hold your heart. That's one thing it would never get."

"Querida," Gomez replied affectionately as he grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips for a quick kiss. "Why it would ever want me over you is beyond me."

Morticia smirked at that before replying, "I think it has something to do with Season; he never did like you."

"Insane jealously," Gomez defended, before becoming serious again. "How did you ever manage to get to me?"

"Carolyn was with me...and as you know she was the most powerful of witches ever to walk the earth. That demon had nothing on her."

"You're just like her you know," Gomez replied adoringly before kissing her hand again, causing her to smile.

Suddenly Morticia's eyes darted to the top of the stairs and began to grow distant. A faint image of her demon was standing there but soon faded, knowing it was too weak to take over her, or anything, again. As it completely faded from her eyes and the feeling of an unseen presence fully left her, she knew she awoke from madness one more time and one LAST time.

"Cara, are you alright?" Gomez asked concern thick in his voice as his eyes grew fearful. 'Is it happening AGAIN?' "What do you see?"

"Not a thing," Morticia replied as she took her eyes off of where the entity was to lock them with her husband's eyes and smile. "Not a blessed thing."

Fini