Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Have it your way. Personally I would have some fun while you’re down here,” Jed said.

“Oh I’m going to. Just not that kind of fun,” Amber said.

“Leave it alone,” Aidan said.

“So what’s for dinner?” Amber asked.

“Aidan’s turn to cook,” Adam said.

Amber looked at Aidan and he nodded.

“They’re right. We take it in turns,” Aidan said.

“I”ll help you,” Amber said.

“Thanks babe,” Aidan said.

They went into the kitchen and spent the next half an hour cooking a hot dinner. While they worked they chatted.

“Are you coming back to Hamilton with me tomorrow since you’ll be flying to Supernova on Friday?” Amber asked.

“Yeah I am. I’ve organized us both tickets flying out of Hamilton. I’m not needed here tomorrow or Friday,” Aidan said.

“Fantastic. So what else did you get for your birthday other than my pressie? Amber asked.

Aidan had gotten presents from all the actors and various other people and he gave her a rundown of what he’d gotten.

“I got lots of yummy chocolate,” Aidan said.

Once dinner was ready Amber plated it up and they took the plates out to the table. Everyone sat down and then Amber said grace and they tucked in. After dinner was over Amber put some makeup and jewelry on. She was already wearing tight black jeans a jersey and a skivvy. She gave her hair a going over with her GHD then decided she was ready and rejoined Aidan. He smiled when he saw her.

“You look amazing,” Aidan said.

“You look great too,” Amber said.

Aidan had changed into the outfit he’d been wearing on the first day of Wellington Armageddon including the fingerless gloves as it was cold. The others were also ready to go so everyone piled into a car, Amber sitting between Dean and Aidan in the back as she was the skinniest. She had figured out pretty quickly that she’d have to go in the middle in the back but wasn’t sure if Aidan would go in the back with her or go in the passenger seat in the front.

“I’m coming in the back with you,” Aidan said, straight away.

Amber was enjoying being so close to Aidan and leant into him as he slipped his arm around her.

“Seeing you today has made today such a special day,” Aidan said.

He smiled at Amber and squeezed her gently.

“So where are we going?” Amber asked.

“I’m not sure. They won’t tell me,” Aidan said.

When they arrived at their destination it turned out that it was the Molly Malones Irish Bar. Aidan looked at Amber and smiled.

“This is appropriate since I’m Irish,” Aidan said.

“We’re using The Blarney Stone function room,” Jed said.

Aidan looked confused.

“Huh I thought we were clubbing,” he said.

“You’ll see,” Adam said.

So everyone headed inside and made their way through to the Blarney Stone function room. When they entered the room it was dark but the lights went on and there were shouts of “Surprise” and  “Happy Birthday” from those there. It seemed like the whole Hobbit cast and crew were there and Aidan looked floored. A banner hung along one wall and it read “Happy 30th Birthday”