Chapter 37

Over the next 5 weeks Amber slowly settled into living in London with Aidan. They continued to go to the nearby Baptist church and after a few weeks of going there Amber knew she wanted to make it her spiritual home. She spoke to the pastor about transferring her membership since she had already been baptised in her church back in New Zealand. Aidan needed to be baptised before he could become a member so he talked to the pastor about being baptised. The two had decided they wanted to become members of the church at the same time. This would take place on the same day as Aidan’s baptism. He would need to attend a series of meetings with the pastor to learn about baptism and be sure he was ready to be baptised.

“I would like you to help the pastor baptise me,” Aidan said, once they were back at their’s after leaving church.

“I’d be delighted to,” Amber said.

Her father had recorded her baptism and she had a copy of it on DVD as the video had been transferred from VCR to DVD.

“Would you like to see a video of my baptism?” Amber asked Aidan.”

“That would be awesome,” Aidan said.

So Amber got the DVD out and put it in the DVD player. The two snuggled up on the couch to watch it.  At the end of it Aidan smiled at Amber.

“I don’t know what song I want to have played as I come up out of the water,” he said.

“Do you have a favourite song at church? Or is there a song that is meaningful to you?” Amber asked.

Amber and Aidan discussed the worship and praise songs they sang at church and after a bit of discussion Aidan had decided on the song he wanted. It was called ‘I Have Decided to Follow Jesus” and it was a favourite for both Aidan and Amber.

The night before Aidan and Amber were due to fly out to Melbourne for Armageddon Aidan took Amber out to dinner.

“Babe I’d like us to have dinner out tonight since it’s our last night here before we go down under. I was thinking we could have a nice evening out and enjoy ourselves,” Aidan said that afternoon.

“Alright sounds good. What’s the occasion?” Amber asked.

“No occasion. I just want to take you out and have a fun night out,” Aidan said.

In actual fact he was planning to propose to her but wasn’t about to let her know that. They had been together for nearly 5 months and Aidan had felt more and more that the time was right for them to get engaged. Amber was definitely the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He had bought her a ring the week before, going shopping for it while she was at the local library. He had kept the ring box hidden in a draw until he could propose. While Amber showered Aidan slipped the ring box into the pocket of the jacket he was going to wear. He was planning on going the whole hog and getting down on one knee to propose. Once Amber came out of the shower Aidan went into the shower. When he dressed after his shower he was careful to make sure the ring box was still in his jacket. They were going to be going to their favourite restaurant and it was fairly casual so Aidan was wearing black skinnies and a blue jacket and Amber was wearing a skirt and top.