Chapter 4

Jordyn's P.O.V

I woke up in my old bedroom. I decided to get up and go downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see my dad reading the paper, and my mom making breakfast.

"Good morning hunny how did you sleep?" She asked while handing me a plate of pancakes and bacon.

"Good actually better than last night." I said while shoving food into my mouth.

"How are you feeling daddy?" My dad was 6 months into his cancer and I knew he was getting worse.

"I'm ok hunny, in a little pain but I'm ok." My dad was a mechanic so, when ever he would exert himself to much he would be in a little pain for a day, but then he would be fine.My dad had a tumor that was in his Pelvic area.

4 months passed and my dad passed away just a month after my 11 birthday. I was a mess. I didn't understand why god would take my dad away from me. Everybody kept telling me it was for the best and to remember the good times I had with him. People would tell me that he's ok now he's not in pain anymore and is watching over me. The pain of losing my dad eventually went away.

But for my mom the pain is still there. My mom didn't grief very well. She would cry, barely eat, and sleep all day. But then she was getting better. She would smile and laugh. I know actually laugh. But then she turned to drinking. She would drink all day and be passed out by the time I got home from school. To me it felt like I lost two parents. I had to take care of my mother and I.

When ever my mom would be drunk she would yell at me and tell me how much I'm a horrible daughter. Sometimes she would say my dads death was my fault. She made me feel like crap. One day she was so drunk she slapped me. She actually laid a hand on her own daughter. She didn't even remember doing it. That's how it was everyday. She would drink all day, pass out, then wake up the next day with a hangover and forget everything.

But I forgave her. After all, she was my mom. My only parent. But she began to get really protective. She didnt like any of my friends. She always need to know where I was going. Who I would be with. She would tell me who I could be friends with and who I couldn't be friends with. So it was really hard for me to ever imagine her liking the idea of me even having a boyfriend.

I heard a knocking sound that woke me from my dream. I turned my head and read the clock and it said 1:30. I went to fix my hair from my nap. I put on my shoes grabbed my belongings and went to answer the door to see a smiling Harry. "Sorry about that I was taking a nap." I said.

"That's ok I wasn't waiting long. Ready to go?" He asked.

"Of course." I said smiling while closing the door and locking it.