Chapter 4

"Hello Lizzy. Hi Matthew," Liz's mother greeted. She turned to look at her daughter when she sees the familiar person sitting next to her. "Krista..."

"Hello mother," Liz replies.

"Hiya," Krista says with a smart look to her.

"Elizabeth, may I speak with you alone?"

"Alone? Why not here?" Liz asks.

"Well, does..." she looks down at Krista, then continues, "...does she, have to be here?"

Liz, shoots her mother a look and responds, "She? Why can't Krista be here?"

"Well I don't want to be near that girl right now."

Intervening, Matt interrupts, "Come on, Mrs. Rananti, Krista deserves to be here just as much as you do."

"Oh don't you put your two sense in. You should not be here either."

"Excuse me, mother! Please do not speak to them like this," Liz shouts. She has always hated confrontations.

"Lizzy, you should not be here! You should be married to a rich lawyer right now!"

"Mother, I think you're the one who needs to leave," Liz says as she kicks her mother out of her house.

It has always been a hard thing for Liz to watch her mother walk away.

----------------------------

Later that night, Liz and Matthew are laying together in bed ready for sleep. Liz sits up and looks over to Matthew. He was sound asleep. She gets up and walks into the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea. The whole situation with her mother made it almost impossible for Liz to fall asleep that night.

Sitting at her island, drinking tea, Liz kept pondering about her mother and her future son. With the condition that her child has, Liz does not need her mother to back out of her life right now. Without thinking any further, Liz's thoughts get interrupted by Matthew's footsteps. He walks over to the island and takes a seat in the stool next to Liz. "What are you doing up?" he asks her. Liz looks down at her mug and subtly replies, "Thinking." Matthew knows exactly what she is thinking about. Instead of replying, he kisses her forehead, letting her know that he is listening.

"I just, I can't lose my mother during this pregnancy," Liz whispers with her eyes beginning to fill up with tears.

"I'm sorry, baby," Matt responds, rubbing her shoulders.

Liz looks over and into Matthew's eyes. He can see all the heartbreak she is feeling and it prompts him to gently kiss her. When their lips pull apart, she smiles and says, "I'm scared, Matty. I want this baby more than anything in the world. And my mother hates you. She hates Krista now too."

Gazing back at Liz, Matthew begins to run his fingers through her beautiful golden brown curls. He replies, "No matter what happens, I will be right here. I don't care what your mother thinks or says, I love you and I will never leave you."

With that being said, Liz lightly grabs Matthew's face and pulls him in towards her. She sealed the emptiness between their lips. Standing up, Liz breaks the kiss and pulls Matthew up. He leans down and resumes their kiss with everything he has in him. He poured every ounce of love he has for her into this kiss. Within a few seconds, Matthew pushes Liz up against the wall. Their lips are glued together. She runs her hands up and down his abdomen, feeling his hard core as he plays with her hair. Liz pulls away from the kiss long enough to rip her silky lingerie off.

Matthew moves from her lips down to her neck to her chest, kissing every inch. As he gets to her pregnant belly, Matthew stops and smiles. Liz, growing impatient, pulls his head back up to hers and quickly closes the gap between their lips. She pushes him into the kitchen as he lifts her up onto the counter.

They gently caress each other's lips with their delicate tongue. Matthew begins to kiss Liz even harder and nips her bottom lip. She cries out in laughter. Liz begins to play with his hair, kissing him with more passion that she knew she had. Wrapping her legs around Matthew's waist, Liz gives him full access.

Matthew pulls his boxers down and gently begins to enter her. He can feel her core tightening up as she moaned. Liz was feeling like a rebel, making love on her kitchen counter. She whispers in his ear, "We're gonna have to clean up this counter." Matthew begins to laugh as he picks Liz up and places her on the floor. He replies, "That's what Windex is for."