#06

It takes 45 minutes to get there. I see her, looking out of my car window as I park my car and turn off the ignition. I stare at her for a minute, thinking to myself if this is what we want before I got off.

I slowly walk up to her, hands tucked into my pocket. She looks as beautiful as always, sitting there with her waves of golden hair frames her heart-shaped face, her green eyes gentle and warm. She's always been known for her beauty, that hair like sunbeam and her eyes like gems of emerald or jade. She looks beautiful with or without make up, in any clothes she donned on her body; when she's yawning, when she's smiling, when she frowning or when she cackling out loud at a dumb joke. Everyone knows this, that Gracie Evans is just gorgeous.

But in the end, amongst all the people knowing her beauty, she chose me.

"Hey." I say faintly, letting the wind carry my voice, or maybe giving it a choice to end up lost in it.

But Gracie hears me. She gives a smile. "Hi, Dylan."

I walk hesitantly towards her, my eyes never leaving hers. I return a small smile. Things had ended pretty horribly last night but if I keep thinking with that in mind that why did I come back here?

Because I still love her enormously.

I sat down beside her.

"I'm sorry," She begins.

"Me too," I tell her honestly. "I don't... I don't want to give up on us yet."

"Yeah," She agreed immediately and held my hands with her own. "Whatever this is, we can work through it, can't we? We're greater than this." She tells me passionately, her blonde hair flushed on her cheeks as a gust of air blows past us.

"Let's try again, Gracie."

She gives a relieved smile and nods. I kiss her gingerly, breathing in her lemony scent. Being with her feels... right. Our hands fit nicely together and it's easy to rest my chin on her head, her head tucked into my neck. Like a jigsaw.

With Sun it had felt... kind of... dissonant? Well, we didn't fit... but that doesn't mean we weren't just chaotically beautiful together. Sunshine and Dynamite.

Gracie leans her head on my chest and rubs my shoulder and I forget why I was thinking about Sun when Gracie was here with me.

"How was your day?" Gracie asks.

I look down at the top of her golden head and smile, shutting my eyes. "Awful, without you there."

--

"I really am sorry about last night, Dy." Gracie says when she tucks her woolen-clad feet under my but as she munches on her cashew chicken. "I understand what you said now, and I—"

"Gray," I murmur, rubbing her shin. "It's okay. It's gone now. And I was angry too. We both were. But we're past that now, right?"

Gracie smiles, her pink lips beautiful even with the sheen of greasiness from the oily Chinese food.

I wonder if Sun likes Chinese food. I would imagine she doesn't like the take-away, fast food sort. She would probably like authentic flavors. Can she cook? I should try cooking some Chinese... haven't cooked in a while...

"So, really, what did you do today?" Gracie asks curiously.

"Hm?" I turn to her. "Well..." I recounted my day and then my mouth sort of dries. If I tell her about Sunny... she may get jealous. She's a bit of a jealous girlfriend. But this relationship is supposed to be honest. Open. It should be filled with trust, if we want it to work this time around.