☆3 - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☆

Tord POV

I stare in shock as I see him- as I see Tom pull the guy off me. Tom lands a blow ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in the center of the guys chest, his eyes widening as he falls to the ground in agony. Tom rushes over, "Hey, Hey.. You alright?" I nod slowly, the arm around my midsection tightening. Tom cringed at the pain, and I retreated my arm, "Ah! Sorry, I didn't know it'd hurt you.." I apologized. Who knew you could care so much about somebody you just met.

Tom put his arm around my shoulder, providing himself as a sort of crutch to help me up. "You really didn't have to do that. I would have been fine.." I protest, stumbling forward. "No, you wouldn'tve." "Yeah, and how would you know?" "Soulmates, remember?"

I sigh, my head dropping a bit, "Yeah, yeah.." Tom titlted his head, "You seem upset. Do you just not like me?" My eyes widen, "Uh- no! It's not that at all... I just- I.." I trail off, unsure of what to say. "It's fine if you don't. We only just met." I avert my eyes. "I just.. I don't know what my feelings are for you right now. It's been a stressful day."

Tom starts walking, and I start with him in attempt not to fall over. "I can understand, school does that to ya. 'Scpecially since it's only the first week."

After that, it was mostly awkward silence. I had recoiled from Tom, the pain from the earlier blows
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

"Uh, so where are we going..?" I ask, my hands snaking casually into my hoodie pockets.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Do you even know where you're going?" I ask, brows furrowing. "...yeah?" He responds, obviously not knowing. I sigh, "Lets just stop by my house first, ok?"

Tom pauses, "Yeah. That'll work, I don't want you getting in another fight." I take a headstart, walking infront of Tom as I lead him to my house.

"You could meet my dads if they're home." I say, casually shrugging my shoulders. "Dads?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, I'm adopted. My parents are gay." I state, biting the inside of my cheek. "Oh." Silence again.

Tom POV

The rest of the walk consisted of Tord trying to make 'small talk', but none of the answers I gave really opened up any sort of coversation. We reach his house, and he invites me inside. "Father, Papa, you home?" He calls out, dropping his bag onto the ground near the door. No answer. "They should be home. They don't usually go anywhere without telling me anything.." He says, cocking ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) his head.

He searched the house, top to bottom ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), and finally went to knock on a door in which I could only assume lead to his parent's room. No answer. Tord slowly opens the door, slamming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) it almost immediately.

Tord quickly hurries back to the couch where I am seated, blush spread heavily across his face. "Umm, C- can I stay at your place tonight? It'll be pretty awkward here if I stay..."

It takes me a second to register, but it finally clicks. "...yeah." I answer simply, pushing myself up off the couch and heading for the door.

-

Fuck

I posted a chapter