☆2 - It was him☆

Tord POV

I bump into a taller guy, accidentally having us both crash to the ground. I look up, apologizing quickly. It's then that I notice, that over the random conversation coming from kids in the hall, there was two faint beeping alarms. My wrist immediately flies up to eye level.

00:00:00:00:00.

I freeze, taking in a long look at my soulmate. A guy. I never had expected them to be a guy, but here he is, front and center.

He looked a bit.. different than I expected. Actually, that's a lie. He looked like the total opposite. His light brown hair stuck up in several large spikes, swiped back a bit to create some aspect of flow. He was tall, maybe.. 6? 7? Inches taller than I. The thing that stood out the most, though, were his eyes. They were pitch black- or.. are they gone? Does he not have eyes? Maybe contacts? The hell..

Tom POV

I gulp as I stare into the eyes of my soulmate. Yes, I had craved for this moment- meeting the person that I'd be bonded to for the rest of my life, but I had always dreaded that they would think I was a freak.

His hair was strange, sticking up in two large blonde flicks. They resembled demon horns, in a way. His eyes wers grey, one being lighter than the other. Was he blind there?

I was afraid that nobody was going to say anything until he decided to speak up. "U- um.. Hi.." he said, extending his hand "I'm Tord." I hestitated, before taking it, "Tom." shaking lightly. Instead of letting go, I stood up, pulling him to his feet as well. He thanked me, shifting his binder to his side awkwardly.

"So.. we're..?" I start. "Yeah.. I think we are.." He says, checking his wrist. It's silent again, kids having cleared from the hallway, it was deafeningly so.

He pulls out a pen, and starts to write something on his wrist. "Uh, what're you doing?" I ask, checking my wrist as well. His number. "Call me after school?" He says, clicking his pen and returning it to his hoodie pocket. "If I remember." I state simply, earning a small "Ha" from Tord.

I wave, and we part ways, thinking of excuses for being late to our classes.

Timeskip to the end of the day

Tord POV

I step out of the school building, a small smile on my face. I wondered when Tom would call me. If he even would. Would he? Probably would. I should've asked for his number so I could call him first.

I sigh, continuing my walk home. I wonder where he lives. Hopefully it's in the same neighborhood, I'd rather not have to borrow my dads' car to drive there all the time. If he even accepts me.

I pull my earbuds out from my pocket. Tangled. I furrow my brows as I try to untangle them, desprately trying not to break them. I finally get them undone, plugging them into my phone, and hitting shuffle. The words of Panic! At the Disco's "I write sins not tragedies." filled my ears as I blocked out the world with music.

I continued my walk home, stepping to the beat of the music, my feet landing on the cracks accordingly. Everything was fine during that instance. Music tuning out my worries and problems.

But, all good things must come to an end. I feel a tug on the back of my shirt collar, forcefully dragging me back a few steps. I pull my earplugs out, "Wha-" I start, interrupted by a knee jutting upward into my gut. I double over, hugging my midsection with a groan.

"Why did you-" I'm cut off once more, feeling a strong hand grab at my throat, pushing me roughly into the brick wall of a nearby alley. I cringe, bracing myself for the worst as my eyes screw shut. 1. 2. 3? Nothing happened? The hand on my throat releases and I open one of my eyes.

It was him.

-

short ass chapters all the way around. Also i have literally no reason why tord was attacked by some random ass dude in an alley just go with it i needed a bonding moment. He might have just wanted to show him some free fidget spinners idk man