Chapter 2: Big Brother & Text Messages

Hey guys!  Thank you so much for the feedback on the first chapter!  I was really surprised with how much it was liked!  Here's the next chapter.  Things are going kind of slow right now, but I promise they'll pick up in a few chapters.  I've got a lot planned for this story, so just bare with me.  Anyways, here's Chapter 2!  Enjoy and let me know what you think!!

~ Keri

***************************************************

“Hi big brother, how’s Chicago?” Ally answered without even looking at her phone.  She knew it was her brother because of the ringtone. 

“Not too bad, how’s Boston?  I’m surprised you haven’t called me yet,” Patrick laughed softly on the other end, taking a seat on his couch that sat in the middle of his condo.

Ally blushed slightly as she thought about her day, mainly thought about who she met.  She was thankful that her brother was miles away.

“It’s good.  I would have called you but I’ve been busy getting settled in with school and whatnot ya know?” she answered, not wanting to give away too much just yet, she needed to brace her brother for what she was going to tell him, at some point.

“You met a boy didn’t you?”

Did she mention how much she hated how easy it was for him to read her?

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Quit the bullshit, what’s his name?”

Ally sighed, putting her iPhone on speaker before throwing it down on her bed so she could put her hair in a messy ponytail.  Did she want to tell him all about Tyler just yet, or let him just believe it was some random guy?  He’d probably figure it out at some point anyways, might as well tell him.

“His name is Tyler, Tyler Seguin.”

Her brother was quiet for a minute and Ally was starting to worry, big time.

“Tyler Seguin, as in the new rookie for the Bruins?” he asked.

Ally nodded, but then forgot that he obviously couldn’t see her.  “Yes, as in the new rookie for the Bruins.  I legit ran into him this afternoon and he kinda walked me back to the apartment.  He asked me to hang out tomorrow.”

Patrick sighed, running his hand through his blond curls, no longer lying on his couch.  He loved his sisters, but this one, his youngest, the rebel, was going to be the death of him.  He knew what it was like to be a young rookie in the NHL, he didn’t want his little sister to be exposed to that kind of thing, but he also knew he couldn’t tell her who she can and cannot hang out with, especially when he’s in Chicago and she’s in Boston.

“Please Ally, just be careful.”

“I know Pat, I know.  He knows who I am too,” she said softly.  Hoping that would make a difference.

“What do you mean he knows who you are?”

“He knows that you’re my brother.   He said that we look exactly the same except you’re blond and I’m brunette.”

“I know what rookie’s are like Ally, I was one once remember?”

“I know Patrick, but I can take care of myself, I’m not an idiot.”

Ally was really hoping that things weren’t going to escalade any further with her brother.  She knew he meant well and that he was only looking out for her, but she was 18 years old, (barely, considering her birthday was last week, August 15 to be exact.) she could very easily take care of herself now.