So Tell Me About Yourself

Hey everybody!  Thanks so much for the comments on the last chapter, I really appreciate them!  Not too much goes on in this chapter, but I'm going to start getting to the point of this story soon, don't worry!  Good news; I just finished college for the summer, so I'll have more time to write!  Anyways, on with the next chapter, let me know what you think! Enjoy :)

*************************

It was 10:55.  Five minutes before Tyler was supposed to show up at the apartment, and to say that Ally was freaking out would be an understatement.  She had thought a lot about what her brother had said when they talked yesterday, and she was now second guessing herself.  Did she really want to get involved with Tyler?  She knew what her brother was like during his rookie year and it was anything but pleasant with how many different girls he’d been with.  Was she just someone who he thought he could hook up with and then never talk to again or were they going to be friends?  She had no idea what to think anymore; and she blamed her brother for that.

Snap out of it! She yelled at herself.  It’s not even a date, we’re just hanging out.  It can’t be a date when we haven’t even known each other for twenty four hours yet!

“Will you stop thinking so much?” Taylor called from the couch where she was sitting with her laptop on her knees.  “You just need to relax and forget about what Patrick said last night.  You’re just hanging out, it’s not like he’s bringing you back to his place.  You’re going to be in public, where there will be witnesses if he tries to do anything that you’re not comfortable with, but honestly Al, I don’t think he’s going to.”

Ally nodded, agreeing with her best friend.  She just needed to stop, take a deep breath and relax. 

Less than a minute later, Ally heard her phone go off with a text message.  Pulling it out of the back pocket of her white jean shorts, she saw that it was from Tyler.

I’m in the lobby, I wasn’t sure exactly where your apartment was…”

“What’d he say?”

“He’s in the lobby, said he didn’t know where the apartment was.  I give him credit for not hassling Braden into telling him where it is though.”

“Definitely.  Now, you go have fun and either send me a SOS text or call if you need me to come bail you out.  Lord knows I’ll be looking for a break from this history paper at some point,” Taylor smiled, looking Ally over one last time before allowing her to walk out the door.

She could have taken the stairs, but going down thirteen flights of stairs, she thought better of the idea.  The ride down to the lobby was stressful for the young eighteen year old in the sense that she was making herself nervous all over again.  She didn’t want to embarrass herself in front of him; she’d been known to do that from time to time with boys that she hadn’t known all of her life.  She wanted him to see that she was just a normal girl who liked hockey almost as much as he did; but that wasn’t all that she was.  Her thoughts came to an immediate stop when the elevator doors opened in the lobby.  Walking out, she instantly noticed Tyler standing by the small lounge area.

She smiled when he saw her and his small frown turned into a light smile.  Stopping in front of her, he gave her a small quick hug.

“You look nice,” he commented, taking in her short, but not too short white jean shorts that was paired with a dark pink tank top, both from American Eagle, with a pair of black Old Navy flip flops on her feet.  Her brown hair was down in its natural curls, her make up done light, just like always; only a little bit of eyeliner, shadow and mascara.

Ally blushed at the compliment.  “Thank you, you too,” she replied softly. 

Tyler had on a pair of Khaki shorts that came below his knees, black and white Under Armour  sneakers with a plain black t-shirt.