Hockey Talk

Hey everyone!  Thanks so much for the comments last chapter, I loved reading them all!  Good news! I got a B+ as my final grade in Psychology!  Chapters will be coming now hopefully once a week; I'm working every day and I've got softball 3 nights a week so I'll do my best.  This chapter is a bit short, and I apologize, but I wanted to get a little bit of a look at Tyler with the team.  Also, please don't be offended of my dislike for Steven Kampfer, but after his bashing of the Bruins on twitter after Game 7 he's been on my shit list :P. OH!  Feel free to follow me on twitter if you'd like! @K_Perotti13.  Wow, so anyways, on to the next chapter; read and enjoy!!  Let me know what you think!

**************************

“So, Segs, how’s Boston treating you so far?” Patrice Bergeron asked as the team was heading back to the locker room after their grueling first day of preseason.  To say that some of them were a little rusty would be an understatement.

Tyler looked at his new friend with a small smile.  It wasn’t that he was uncomfortable around the team, he just wasn’t used to them yet; they hadn’t spent enough time together.  After the next couple of days, he was sure that was going to change. 

“It’s good, a lot different than Brampton, but I can definitely get used to it.”

The older hockey player nodded, agreeing and understanding where the new rookie was coming from.  “Met any other people, or have you been antisocial and just sticking with us?” he questioned with a smile.

“Pretty sure he met a girl!” Brad Marchand yelled from one of the other corners of the locker room.  The two; Tyler and Brad had instantly taken to each other when they had first met back in early August, and it was safe to say that they were going to probably be attached at the hip once the season actually started.

“You’ve barely been in Boston a month and you’ve already met a girl?  Damn kid!  That’s pretty impressive,” Milan Lucic commented, slapping him on the shoulder as he walked to his stall.  Tyler just smirked, glad that he could fit in so well. 

“Who is she?  She a puck bunny?” Looch asked, putting it nicer than some of the other guys probably would have.

Tyler shook his head.  “Na, but she’s not stranger to hockey though.”

Zdeno Chara was the next to speak.  “Who is she then if she’s not just some ‘puck bunny’?  Does she actually play herself or what?”

“She played a bit when she was younger, but now only pickup games during the winter; her brother plays.”

A few of the other guys around the room sent him looks; as if telling him ‘yeah, ok, gonna give us any more info or not?’

“Relax guys, I was getting to that point!” he laughed, being able to read their expressions already.  The way that they were treating him you’d think he’d been part of the team for years and the young rookie was grateful for that.

“Her name’s Ally, and she’s going to BU for Journalism, and she’s from Buffalo.  She just turned 18 like a week ago.  What else do you want to know?”

Shawn Thornton smirked.  “Where’s her brother play hockey?”

I’m gonna get shit for this, I already know it, might as well tell them.

“Uh, for the Blackhawks?” he responded, more than a question than an actual answer.  Tim Thomas, Nathan Horton, and Mark Recchi all stopped what they were doing to look at the young new player.

“The Blackhawks, as in the Chicago Blackhawks?”

Tyler nodded.  “Uh yeah, Patrick Kane, he’s her older brother.”

“How the fuck did you manage to score on Patrick Kane’s little sister?  You know his rep right?  Is she anything like that?” Marchy questioned, his attention moving from removing his equipment to now Tyler, raising his eyebrows in suggestion, silently asking if he could have a chance when he’s done with her.

“Don’t even say it out loud Marchy.  And yes, I know what he’s like, but she doesn’t seem like she’s like that.  I mean, we’ve only hung out once and we just talked.  And before anyone says anything, no, I’m not going to fuck her any time soon.  I’d rather not have her brother kick my ass into next year.”

“Pansy,” Steven Kampfer coughed from the opposite side of the room.  Tyler glared at him.  He could already tell that him and Kampfer weren’t going to see eye to eye this season, he just seemed like the biggest douche to him.

“Lay off Kampf,” David Krejci scolded, smacking the back of his head as he walked by.  “Just because you’d be stupid enough to fuck Patrick Kane’s sister off the bat doesn’t mean that Segs is.  He’s got a head on his shoulders.”

Looch nodded in agreement.  “He’s at least thinking with the head on his shoulders and not the one between his legs,” he added, earning a roar of laughter from the group of hockey players.

“You’ve got little sister’s don’t you Tyler?” Mike Ryder asked as he sat down.  Tyler nodded, wondering where he was going with this. 

“Yeah, why?”

Mike nodded slightly before continuing.  “You’d kick any guys ass that messed with either of your sisters right?  Especially the older one?”  Tyler nodded slowly.  “Then don’t be one of those guys.  You know what it’s like to have sisters, you and Kaner have more in common than you think.”

With that said, Mike got up and left the locker room, having already finished undressing and organizing his things for tomorrow.

He knew exactly what he was talking about.  He was right; Tyler would kill any guy that messed with Candace.  The more he thought about it, the more he had to wonder; did he want to jump into a relationship?  He just moved to a new city, playing the game he loves as his job at only 18.  Was he ready for it, or did he want to be able to live the life as a young rookie in the NHL?  He knew he liked Ally, there was no question about it, he wants her to be in his life; but as a friend, or girlfriend; that was the question.