CHAPTER NINETEEN

Saru was sitting beside me and she was reading few papers. She looked puzzled. I tried to get up, but I was feeling weak. As I struggled to get up, Saru helped me sit upright and she put a pillow behind me. I asked her " are you not attending the college?" , she looked at me through her horn-rimmed spectacles and replied " no, how are you feeling now? And do u know since how many hours  were lying down the bed.". I looked at my side table where tablets were kept along with a prescription and then looked at her and replied " I am feeling better.", she continued " you were on this bed for more than a twenty eight hours and Kian sat by your side and waited for you to get up and he got a doctor from the hospital you were admitted. After I tried hard to convinced him for taking rest, but he refused to move from here. He didn't eat anything and he agreed to take rest when Amav convinced him and he said that he would only go for an hour and would come back. The doctor gave Kian instructions on your medication and asked you take lots of rest.
     I felt I would turn even more weak if I would sit on the bed, I asked Saru to come with me to the terrace, she abruptly said " no you can't. The doctor said you to take rest.". My phone started ringing and the screen flashed with a picture. It was Ella, I wasn't that surprised so I answered the call and said "hello?"I sounded weak when I could hear my own voice. " how are you now?. I am sorry for what my brother did to you". I was surprised by the way Ella spoke to me because she never spoke that politely without any sarcasm. I replied " I am feeling better now and how are you ?'', she  sniveled as she replied " I guess you know what happened.. I mean the accident.". I felt sorry for her as I replied "yes, are you alright Ella ?". She was sobbing and speaking " he was everything to me, the only dear one of mine." I asked her " whom are you staying with now ?" she replied " jo...no one, no where to go now.". I asked her "you can come and stay with me" I tried too console her but after few seconds she cut the call and I checked all the missed calls in my phone. I had thirty missed calls from Kian, ten from Sana and two from Saru". I gathered my strength and walked out of the room, Saru followed me upstairs to the terrace and walked with me. I saw Kian sitting on the terrace, he looked at me and immediately ran inside. I felt weird when he ran inside, I thought he was upset with me  but after 5 minutes he was standing opposite to me gasping. He hugged me  tight, I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck. Saru was looking at her phone and blushing, it must have been that Inder sent her a romantic quote or he said something cheesy. We didn't speak anything for a while, Saru left us upstairs and went downstairs. Kian's eyes were red and he looked extremely exhausted, he looked upset for some reason. I asked him if he would have coffee, while we were heading downstairs I said " please sleep for sometime don't worry about me. You are so exhausted! don't miss your classes for me, its your finals", he looked at the stairs and said " yes.". Kian's phone rang and he said that it was important and he needs to take a call. He turned angry and walked back to his house.
     Someone knocked the door, Ella entered and sat on the couch and gestured me to sit along with her. Saru had already left by that time, I asked Ella " coffee?", she looked very sad, I hugged her so that she would feel better, she pulled herself back and then held my hand tightly and pulled me out of the house, john was standing by a car and another guy was sitting inside the car. She laughed and said " you think I will talk to you so politely just like that? You turned my life miserable and you think I will leave you easily?", I pulled my hand and ran into a narrow street, everything around me looked blur, but I continued running. Ella was behind me, I could only see two more running behind me but their face were blur. Suddenly someone pulled me into the shadow between two buildings, it was Kian he looked so angry while I gasped. He held me up against the wall, his one hand secured tightly around my waist and one hand on the wall behind me. He looked into my eyes and said " can't you stay out of trouble?". The line hit me hard, he continued " you are like the world's most unique and precious gem. Once if anyone loses a gem like you then their life will turn upside down.".
     We went back to my house and we sat on the creme wooden bench, we were talking about the college. Kian asked me "can you please make a cup of coffee?.", I smiled and said "sure!", before going into the kitchen I looked at Kian, he was looking at the floor with his eyebrows furrowed. I felt it was strange because I rarely saw him drinking coffee, I felt like something was missing, something which I felt wrong but never spoke about it because I felt it was not my place to say anything. I handed the coffee mug to Kian and asked him "are you hiding something from me ?", he looked at me puzzled and said "no, I am not hiding anything from you. But why do you think that I am hiding something from you ?" I sat down beside him. "so.. what happened to your cigarettes?, did the price increase or are they not selling it anymore?", he chuckled and replied "ya , I mean no, I.. actually quit smoking.", my eyes had gone wide as I heard what he said. " its a dream come true for me!" I murmured, " since when did you stop smoking?" I asked curiously. He looked at me and then at the floor and replied " few days after your birthday, when I was at the beach I felt like I could give it up. Every time I had cigarette in my hand I saw discomfort on your face and I fell I could give up because you did not like it. I wanted to.. um.. make you feel comfortable ?" , I smiled and he slipped his hand into mine and interlocked my fingers with his. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I felt like someones face was close to mine, Kian kissed me on my cheek. I opened my eyes and looked at Kian, I felt like I was dreaming, he looked down at the floor and then smiled at me as he ran his finger through his hair. I was sure that he had really kissed my cheek. I leaned my head on his shoulders, closed my eyes and smiled, my cheeks had turned pink and soon a smile spread across my face, he asked me " what happened ?". I replied " I didn't sleep yet and I am aware of it !". I sat upright when I realized my vision was getting blur, I asked Kian to get the medicine from the side-table by my bed. After I had the tablet I sat there for few minutes then I went back into the room, Kian had slept in the couch because someone had to look after me for few days.