CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Kian took me to the garden on hill, where the city looked beautiful. I sat on the bench and looked at the city lights as the hot tears rolled down. Kian got down the car and was walking towards the granite bench where I was sitting, I wiped my tears and turned towards him. " Kian I-I I am sorry I didn't give a reply. Its my mistake, I am sorry I cant live with you" I said to Kian when he looked at me with hope in his eyes. Before he could say anything else I got up to leave "Kia wait! I love you Kia, I want to know why is your reply 'no', please tell Kia" I looked down still my back facing towards him and replied "I-I can't tell Kian, I just can't, I am sorry" tears welled up in my eyes, "why Kia? Please tell!" I didn't reply he continued, "don't you love me Kia?" I shook my head and murmured "I just cant tell anything and hurt you", he could barely hear it.

He turned me towards him, I was looking towards the ground, " there is always a reason for everything Kia and I need to know the reason behind your answer" this time his voice was loud, he was angry, when he asked "why" again I really got frustrated and said "because I will die soon" he looked at me, his eyes had gone wide. He didn't speak a word, I continued "I love you Kian, but - but I didn't want to hurt you Kian, I don't wan you to live with pain your whole life. I will be a disappointment for you always. I would love for few years only", Kian still looked at me shocked, " is this why you get unconscious? and take those tablets?" I nodded and said " yes!", he put his palm on his forehead and rubbed it with his fingers and kept talking to himself " I should have known this, that day at the hospital the doctor also didn't tell me. I put my hand on his shoulder and try to comfort him, he took me to the car and opened the door for me. I got inside then Kian got into the car, " How- what is it that you are.." he looked at me, he didn't complete his sentence but I understood what he was about to ask so I replied "neuroendocrine carcinoma", "tell me more" he said rubbing his forehead, " its actually a cancer, it starts from the lymph nodes and spreads to the body parts and it has four stages", as I explained everything, I said concluding " just one more week.". " what about your family?" he asked frowning at the steering wheel as he pulled over to an empty parking lot. " my family does not know that I have cancer, according to them I have died few years ago because I faked my death. I didn't want to keep them sad till I die and let them live in pain. Only my sister knows that I am alive, she is the one who helps me with the company when I am busy during the college hours". He looked at me and asked "company ?". I hesitated at first then said " I don't want to tell you lie, I don't want to feel the pain and regret to have few things with me before I die." I got down the car along with Kian and continued " 'KIAGA' is my company, the company which you wanted to deal. When we were in Goa, I called my sister and asked her to send the papers for signing a deal with your company. She manages when I am busy and my signature is required for every deal and investment", he was again shocked to know that I had invested in his company. Slowly as he was talking I walked towards a rock, I put my hand on the rock for support, my hand slipped from it and I tried to take support on another rock as everything around me was turning blur. Kian ran towards me, he lift me in his arms and carried me and took me to the car, he opened the car door with great difficulty, soon everything turned blur and everything turned black.

I was in the hospital when I opened my eyes, the doctor came and stood in front of me with a file in his hand, he handed me a pen and asked me to sign on the empty place, I couldn't read much of what was there. Kian stood beside the doctor, he took my hand in his and said "if you trust me, please sign" then I signed the papers, slowly I felt drowsy and again everything turned blank.

Some one opened my eye and put a torch light , I immediately closed my eyes tight. Slowly after few seconds I opened my eyes, I was still in the hospital. Doctors were standing few steps away from my bed and their backs were facing me, they were talking among themselves " she needs more rest... she has been under observation... chances are only 15%.... it may or may not be successful.. she looks dreadful... her condition is not progressive". I tried getting up from the bed, I looked at my hand, it was thin. Kian had tears when he looked at me, I asked him to leave me and go but he could barely hear it, I felt like my energy was draining out of my body. I closed my eyes again.