Chapter 1

-Jane-

"You better shut up Luke!" I yelled at my brother.

"You better shut up Im sick of you Jane! Sick of your shit!" Luke screamed.

"I hate you!!" I yelled

"I hate you too!!" Luke yelled

"Ugh!" I said as I landed on my back on the bed. I love my brother but he is an absolute prick.

In a few minutes he'll come to apologize to me.

3...

2...

1...

"Jane open the door!" Luke pounded on my door. I got up and marched towards the door opening it afterwards.

In a moment I was pulled into my brothers arms and hugged to death hearing his apologies. "Im so so so sorry Jane... I didnt mean it its just its to hard to act like a parent. Im trying my best but its too hard for me to handle." Luke said I nodded

"Luke its okay I understand.  So when is Jesse coming over?" I asked

"Five minutes max" Luke said and a horn beeped from the outside of the house.

"Must be Jesse" I said. I approached the window to see my though was confirmed.

"If I'm not wrong Jess looks angry" Luke said. We looked at each other knowingly.

"Ill get the blankets and chocolate" Luke said and I nodded

"Ill get the door and movies" I said walking down the stairs and to the living room to answer the door.

"Hi Jess!!" I chirped. She grinned painfully holding her stomach.

"Hi Jane!" She said hugging me. Then she pulled away and groaned.

"Cramps?" I asked and she nodded. "Does a movie night sound good to you?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah...can I have chocolate ice cream...Im really craving it tonight" Jesse said walking inside and locking the door.

"Yeah" I said.

•○•○•

Few hours later we were all sitting in the family room watching chick flicks until Im pretty sure I fell asleep as Luke comforted a very emotional Jesse.

I was woken up by a strange pounding on the door. It had started to rain I believe a few hours before I fell asleep.

Something was wrong Im sure. The pounding had started again and got more violent each time. Luke send me and Jess upstairs to the secret safe room on my room. I used it currently as my secret hide out foe my stash of candy. Jess kissed Luke and I hugged him and we flew up stairs to my room and into my safe room. Locking the door in the process. The greatest thing about my safe room was that it blended in with my room.

I hugged my knees and Jess did the same. We stood there in silence hearing everything they talked about. It wasnt so hard because the living room was under us at the moment.

I whimpered once I heard yelling downstairs and Jess hugged me tightly in a motherly way. She was like one anyway, well to me. Luke and Jess were both 25 and they had taken care of me since my parents left me and my brother.

We are like a little messed up family.

Gunshots filled the house as Jess and I squirmed in fright. "Oh my gosh" I gasped quietly.

Jess hugged me closer as more gunshots echoed around the house. Silent tears escaped down my cheeks and Im pretty sure Jess was crying too as she sobbed quietly.

The door closed forcefully making the house shake. Jess held me in her arms as I started to fall asleep scared to death. Few minutes later we were fast asleep and waiting for tomorrow to come to see the state and see if Luke was alive.