Chapter 3

Before rehearsal, after everyone settled down, the conductor announced that the orchestra will be playing 2 concertos, one oboe concerto, which will be played by an exchange student from France and a Violin Concerto, which will be played by Akashi. Since the exchange student has not arrived in Japan, today's rehearsal will be focused on the Violin Concerto, which is  Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E Minor OP.64.

  The conductor nodded towards Akashi. Akashi than stood up and back faced the orchestra. He than lifted up his intrument and nodded back to the conductor. The conductor lifted up his baton, and the rest of the orchestra lifted up their intruments.

  Before Akashi started playing, he took a deep breathe and poured all his emotion into bowing the strings. You could feel the tension and the release of his music. His sound, felt full and soulful. It was like nothing you heard before. His music seems to overpower yours and it made you lose count and you had to mentally force yourself to keep your mind on your score and not his playing.

After running through the piece on time, Akashi put down his intrument and sighed loudly. He was barely sweating and asked the conductor whether it was good. The conductor praised him and you all clapped.

It was really impressive. He just started playing in this orchestra and probably had just recieved the score, but he has already tamed you all to be his accompliment. Now you know why he managed to become the concert master so quickly. There is no one else like him.

  Before he sat down, he glanced over at you and smirked. Your eyes widen in shock and you quickly looked away.