R

Paper Plane #12,903 | freshman year - high school

    I am wrapped a warm, fluffy blanket reading fanficition. Considering it is one in the morning and I have a big exam tomorrow, I probably should be going to sleep. As much as it pains me, I turn my phone off and place it on my floor. My window is still open catching the last wisps of summer breeze. I should really go close it but the lazy side of me won't allow such things. From under the covers, I can hear the tree outside my window literally shake which sends sheer panic down my spine.

    I sit up, only to be hit by a paper plane square in the nose. Really, Logan, really?

    "Logan," I whisper, "is that you?"

    "I'm stuck," he croaks, almost in tears. What to do, oh what to do. Do I a) let him stay there until dawn b) call my dad and let him kill Logan or c) let him in my room? Let us evaluate which one would bring me the most amusement.

    "Tess! Please! I can't move my leg."

    Reluctantly, I walk over to the window. He is within a foot, if that, of climbing into my window. All he has to do is take his foot of the bottom branch. Talk about over dramatic.

    "Just move your foot, stupid."

    "Which foot?"

    "The one that's touching the branch," I mutter with a slight note of irritation.

    "Oh, that makes sense."

    "What are you doing outside my window?" I ask, through a steely glare.

    "Giving you a paper plane," he says as if its obvious. Well, forgive me for being inhospitable.

    "At one in the morning?"

    "Apparently yes," Logan announces. "Will you at least read it?"

    I purse my lips and give him a look but still walk over to pick up the paper plane. "What exactly is so important that you must wake me up at one in the morning to read it?"

    "I'm pretty sure you were reading fanfiction," Logan says, crossing his arms over his chest with certainty.

    "What? I don't...I don't read fanfiction. Don't be ridiculous."

    I open the paper plane. Through the little scribbles I make out the words, Will you be my girlfriend?

     Oh my god, he needs to get his priorities In check. "You cannot be serious. You woke me up for this?"

    "Like I said, you were reading fanfiction."

    I sigh, trying to think of a solution. Don't get me wrong, I kind of have a thing for this idiot, but I'm just not feeling the whole relationship thing right now. "How about this: I'll go to homecoming with you."

    "Why can't you be my girlfriend?"

    "Why can't you just take me to homecoming?"

    "Fine."

    "Fine."

    Logan glares at me before moving back out my window.

    "Wait!" I yell, just as he lifts one leg over the windowsill. "Put your hand over your heart."

    "Tess, I'll fall."

    "Do it."

    He does. I knew he would.

    "Okay. Now, repeat after me. I Logan Porter."

    "I Logan Porter."

    "Will never, ever, ever."

    "Will never, ever, ever," Logan mumbles along with me.

    "Wake Tess up at one in the morning ever again."

    "Wake Tess up at one in the morning ever again, even though she was really reading fanfiction," Logan says, super fast at the end before I can stop him.

    "Bye Logan."

    "So is that a maybe?" he asks, to clarify on last time.

    "I'll go to homecoming with you."

    "What about-"

    "Maybe Logan," I whisper, "maybe."

A/N: Yay! I'm getting some positive feedback. Keeping voting and commenting, it means a lot! I'll try to post two chapters a day, until I finish my story.