Chapter 6

"Do you really have to go?" I frowned as I leaned against the door as he stood outside

"Yes unfortunately for you" he smirked his eyes shinning in the moonlight.

I pouted like a sad dog and looked down bashing my eyelids together to change his mind.

"Stop it Mel other wise ill pick you up and finish you" his dirty words sent chills to my spine making me up.

"Babe I promise you we will spend more time together, Its summer break don't forget" he winked as he walked down the driveway to his car "Don't forget to call your mom she loves you" he yelled.

I sighted and shut the door I looked at my phone 9:30pm where my mum was it should be 5:30pm. I decided to call her not sure why but Cameron reminded me what love really is.

"Melissa!" she asked shocked
"One and Only" I said rolling my eyes
"Honey I've missed you so much" she cried
"What have you been up to?" She continued
"Nothing much..." I decided to keep Cameron out of this.

We continued small talk about the latest gossip she thinks one of her clients and her secretary are having an affair and she made me laugh once or twice we ended the call once she noticed me not replying due to my eyes shutting.

It felt good to catch up with her I know her schedule is busy but she promised me 2 weeks and she would be back home and that made me excited again.

........

The next morning I woke up bored the house was clean and It was summer break, I wasn't in the mood for study and I had no shifts at the café today.

I wanted to call Cameron but the idiot I am I didn't have his number. I then remembered my dear friend Mia I decided to call her and plan something.

"Ohh you remember me now!" Mia answered after the first ring

"Heyyy! I'm sorry but I've had the best couple of days!" I decided to tell her everything she was my best friend anyways

"We need to catch up ASAP mall in 10mins" she screamed I could hear her grab her keys and jump in her car.
___

I walked towards the food court and saw her sitting on a table with a coconut juice waving furiously at me.

I walked towards her and sat down we both stared at each other for about 3mins intensely before she interrupted "spill"

I told her everything that had taken place and all the drama and secrets I had felt that Cameron was keeping from me.

"And we kissed?" I spoke shyly looking down. She chocked on her drink and looked up and me with wide eyes.

"Mel was it short and simple or heated?" She asked pausing in shock

"Heated?" I felt like I answered the question but was asking my self

"Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" She asked shaking my shoulders from across the table. "Im still here, I don't know he just makes me feel different and special" I laughter twirling my drink with the straw.
"I just want you to be careful the male species can be very hard and tempting. I just don't trust him to be with someone like you" she frowned she made me think more into this than I already was.

"Marissa?" Before me and Mia could finish our convo I turned round to see Dylan standing there smirking at me.

"Daniel? was it" I asked him, Mias eyes traveled from Dylan to me not sure what was happening.

"What are you doing here?" i asked breaking the awkwardness.
"Walking around and how about you no Cameron action today?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.