Chapter 40

You would think he would come running after me trying to explain himself, but he doesn't he didn't even look at me once through other people confessing the truth. It's sad because he didn't even tell me himself he embarrassed me in front of the of the whole grade and my friends.

"Melissa wait up" some one calls after me as I start my car the tears keep falling so I can't see where I am going.

"Leave me alone!" I cry out and they open my door and Shawn is standing there.

"Come on let's talk" he encourages me but I'm not talking one bit of anyone's bullshit.

"You were apart of all this to so do don't expect me to want to 'talk' about it" I yell at him.

"I'm not going to say it's not his fault but it was Stacey's and mine but when he found out he wanted to be apart of it" he confesses looking down at his shoes.

"How much money was it?" I yell at him and he looks taken back.

"Five thousand"

"Why?" I question him, my voice is croaky and my face is red.

"Just for fun" he mutters and I slam the door closed in his face and drive well over 100km.

•••

Cameron's POV

"Go after her!" Mia yells at me.

I try to block out all of her nagging as I sit in my room and think. Didn't she hate me?

"She needs you more than me" I mumble.

"Are you stupid? Your letting her get away this is your chance" she whines again and I have no idea why she is trying to help me.

"Let her go, I don't need her and she doesn't need me" I mutter.

"I don't like you either but this is my best friends heart your playing with and I will not see her go insane for your dumb game"

"Why didn't you tell her?" I ask her and she takes a deep breath in.

"Because I knew why you were doing all of this.." She replies bending down to meet my height.

"Your her best friend"

"Mel was so in love with you she would take a bullet for you, what made you think she would listen to me! She changed herself for you, she even got into fights with her parents and the worst part is you don't even see how different she is" she tells me with a sad tone.

"Cameron, I don't know why this all started but you have lost her and your not going to get her back if you don't try"

Her words sink into my brain and everything is processing to quickly so I can make my mind up.

Do I feel guilty, no because she would of it rather be me than Shawn and hell knows what would of happened to her if he used her like that.

"You want to let her go?" Mia questions me again and I look up at her.

"I need to let her go" I answer. She is going to be a hell lot better off without me.

"Do you still love her?"

"I can't and I won't"

••

Melissa's POV

It's been two days and he hasn't even tried . I booked my flights early for today and the flight leaves at 4pm and it's 2.

My boxes have already been shipped and should be waiting at my new place.

"I'm happy for you" Mia tells me as she watches me finish my packing.