5. where it all begins

Jason

Waking up to the sun beaming into my still closed eyes, isn't the greatest thing. Especially for me, cause if there's anything I'm not it's a morning a person. Groaning I get up, only to see it's 5 am. Ugh. I groan and get up. Though waking up with silence is really nice and peaceful. In my old house I always woke up with yelling and screaming. I walk over to the kitchen, hearing the sound of the coffee machine as I come closer. "Morning." I say to Nick, who is currently busy making breakfast. "Morning. How did you sleep?" He asks. "Good, but when you've slept on prison beds, everything sleep good." I say, in a sarcastic way. Nick stays silent, focusing on whatever he's making for breakfast.

"Coffee?" He asks, changing the topic. "Sounds great." I say, as I sit on one of the bar stools. "So, why are you up so early?" I ask, making conversation. "It's your free day, right?" I add. "I always make breakfast for Kelsey and now fo- wait a second how do you know I'm free today?" He answers, placing a hot cup of coffee in front of me. "I wanted to kill you. I do my research." I simply say, smirking. "Yea, of course." He says, swallowing. I take a sip from my coffee.

Ugh, I hate coffee! But I drink it anyways, cause why not.

"Jason.." Nick starts. "Mmh." I hum, for him to continue. "Did you like the life you were living?" He asks, taking me by surprise. It takes me a minute to think of an answer.

What's that supposed to mean? Why else would I live it? Whatever.

"Yes. I loved it." I say, hoping he would drop the topic, but of course he didn't. "Why?" "I guess the same reason you do your job. It gives me a rush, seeing the fear in peoples eyes before you do the job. An adrenalinekick. I love to be in control, That's just who I am." I say, looking down at my now empty cup of coffee. Then I get up, grab the cup and put it in the sink.

Kelsey

Madison and I just arrived at school. We both get out of my car and enter the building, as soon as we do all eyes are on us. Silence takes over the hallway. What's going on? Do I look stupid? Is it so special that

Maddie and I are walking through the hallway together again? Did I post anything embarrassing I don't know about? "Why is everybody looking at us?" Madison whispers in my ear. "I don't know." I whisper back. The only thing you can hear is the whispers of people. Even some teachers are looking at us as they walk by. What the fuck! Is there some rumor going around that I don't know about?

Finally, after what seemed like years, we approach our lockers. Our lockers are right next to each other. That's how we met actually. On the very first day on this school.

I remember it very well, cause I accidentally slammed my locker door in her face. Lol XD

"What's first period?" I ask, looking through my books. "Biology." She says, right as she grabs her book. We have almost every class together. What can I say we're very lucky. "Hey girls." Veronica says, walking over to us. "Hey boo." Maddie says, hugging her. "Hiii." I say, hugging her as well. "You look like you have no idea what's going on." She assumes probably by how lost we look. Madison and I nod, waiting for her to explain. "It's because of Jason. Everybody knows he is staying at your house Kelsey." She explains. "Oh my god! Seriously, is that it?!" Maddie says, shocked. People these days. Veronica giggles as we slowly make our way to the classroom.

"Good morning class, today we will start a new chapter. So everyone open your books on page ninety-one Chapter ten, Sexual Transmitted Infections." Miss Harvester starts our boring schoolday. The sound of bags opening and pages turning is heard. "I can't wait!" I whisper to Veronica, who is sitting next to me, full sarcasm in my voice. Veronica giggles and 'takes notes' of whatever the teacher is explaining about safe sex. A.k.a. Doodling on her note pad, not giving two shits about what Miss Harvester is blathering.