10. don't forget

Jason

Here we are, finally. I smile at Kelsey as we walk hand in hand through Main Street at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Maddie always wanted to go, but we never had the money. Or at least that's what she thought. I'd been saving money for the past years and managed to get enough to go for a whole weekend.

I look at Maddie. A smile plastered on her face as she looks around her in awe. "I can't believe we're actually here! This is amazing!" she says, for the hundredth time. Her happiness and excitement radiating onto me. Suddenly she stops her eyes wide. "What's up?" I ask, stopping as well. I look in the direction she is, seeing a gift shop. She looks at me hopeful. "Can we please go." she begs, knowing we don't have a lot of money and can't afford everything we want. "Of course, baby." I say, making my way to it.

Once inside, she runs off like a kid in a candy store. I try following her around, but there no use. So I just walk around by myself. Not much later I see Madison rush over to me holding something in her hands. "Can we buy this?" She asks, holding up a Minnie Mouse ears headband. "You sure you don't want anything else? You can have whatever you want, baby. It's okay." I say, making her look around once more. "No, I just want this." She replies, looking back at me, a huge smile on her face. "Okay. Come on then." I take the head band from her and get in line to pay.

After we left the gift shop and had some coffee we make our way through the castle. We slowly make our way around the park. Our first stop being the spinning teacups.

A couple hours of fun later, we decide it's time to go eat something. So we end up in Mexican restaurant. Maddie orders beef nachos and I order a taco burger. As desert, we order churros and continue walking around the park.

Around 8:00PM we begin making our way back to the resort we're staying at. Once there we eat pizza for dinner and watch some TV in our room, before going to sleep.

- the next day -

The sound of soft music playing wakes me up from a deep sleep. "Morning Jay." Madison says, already up and dressed. I get up as well and take a quick a shower. While Kels is doing her hair and make up.

Yes, we set an alarm clock last night and yes it's Sunday, but we're in Disney World so don't judge.

Today we're going to Disney's Studios. And in the afternoon we'll be going to Epcot to try all the different foods from around the world. "Are you done?" Maddie asks, ready to go. "Yep, let's go." I say, following her to the breakfast area at the resort.

After breakfast we make our way to the park. Once there we take our time, walking through Hollywood Boulevard. Entering some gift shops. At the end of the streets we enter the Trolley Car Café to get some drinks. Maddie orders a Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino and I order a Mocha Frappuccino.

It's getting more crowded, so we decide to see if we can find any attractions or shows. We start walking around the lake. "Let's see if there are any shows around here." Maddie says, grabbing the map out of her pocket. We stop for a second, taking a look at it. "Oh, there's one on the other side of the lake. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular." I say pointing at it on the map. "Sounds cool, wanna go?" Kels asks, smiling at me. "Sure." I smile back, kissing her cheek. I hold her hand as we make our way to the show.

After the show we walk into the Muppet Courtyard. Walking around the gift shop there. "You wanna get something else, Kels?" I ask, as we walk by a rack of key-chains. She looks at me. "No.. not really.." She pauses. ".. I'm happy with my ears." She finishes wiggling them on top her head. I laugh at her goofiness. Fifteen minutes later we walk out the store and into Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano to eat lunch, since it's 12:14PM.

"Good afternoon, Welcome. What can I get you anything to drink?" the waiter asks. "yeah, I'd like a diet coke, please." I say. "A frozen cappuccino, please." Maddie says. "So what time do you wanna go to Epcot?" I ask, taking out my phone. "We could go after this." she replies, grabbing her phone as wel.

- an hour later -

We enter the Epcot park, walking hand in hand to the first food stop, which is Mexico. Maddie orders nachos and I order grilled chicken. "Mmh.. this is so good." I say, taking another bite of my food. "Can I have a bite?" Maddie asks. I give her some chick with a bit of rice.

Next is Norway, there's a restaurant and a bakery. We decide to get something from the bakery. I order a pear almond tart and Maddie orders a berry cream puff, after she took the first bite her eye open wide. "Oh my god, Jay you need to try this!" She says. Before I get a change to answer she already pushes it into my mouth. "That is really good." I say, stealing one more bite. "Hey! Don't eat the whole thing!" She says, scratching it out my hands. I giggle when she steals a bite from mine, eating it with a pout on her face.

"Wait!" Maddie squeal, grabbing my arm. "I need to pee." She says, grabbing her bag from my shoulder and leaves.

That's right, I was carrying her bag.

- 2 hours later -

We make our way to the last stop, which is Canada. "Oh my god. Lobster mac and cheese!" Maddie squeals quietly. "But.. I'm so full.."she adds, pouting as she looks down, rubbing her stomach. I giggle. "Let's just share poutine?" "Good idea." She nods and walks forward.

After we finish the food we walk back to the entrance. Taking one last ride in the seas with nemo and friends. And after we walked around the reefs, admiring all the beautiful fish, turtles and stingrays.

 And after we walked around the reefs, admiring all the beautiful fish, turtles and stingrays

I'm scrolling through Snapshots, looking at all the memories we'd made just year ago. A smile on my face as I replay the time we went to Disney World in my head, however that smile immediately disappears again, when I hear the front door close. It's Madison. I lock my phone and place it on the nightstand.

Not much later the door of our bedroom opens. As I'm laying on my side, my back facing her, the sound of drawers being opened and closed fills my ears. She pulls the blanket aside and lays down next to me, The same unfamiliar scent filling the room slowly. Tears forming in my eyes. That's enough for me to know where she was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is greatness in doing something you hate for the sake of someone you love."

- Shmuley Boteach