vi. nyx

SHE DROOPED IN HER SEAT in the classroom. Human life was so boring sometimes. She'd expected Stars to be hurrying all around, eating new things, listening to beautiful songs and meeting extraordinary people. But, this was literally a prison that was just called "school" for names' sake. After reluctantly stepping away from Paris and his hug last night, he'd told her that they would go to the Observatory later today. His sudden concern and care had completely thrown her off track, and she'd even pinched him. From the way he was glaring at her from the backseat in class, she could only confirm that he was still annoyed about that.

At least, she had a perfect view of Atlas from here, who she occasionally observed to understand him better. She didn't know how else to execute the Wish

"Psst," Someone whispered from behind her, poking her constantly, "Amor, come on, are you listening to me?" She ran her fingers through her hair in exasperation and turned to him with a questioning look. "I switched seats. I have something important to tell you."

"And it couldn't wait until after class, M?" 

"Have you forgotten that class doesn't matter? A, we're here to execute a Wish, not listen to the teacher give us a lecture about The Great Gatsby."

"It s a good book." She persisted, not wanting to listen to his reprimanding words. "But, you're right, what is it?"

"Well," he trailed off, seeming unsure of whether or not he should tell her. "Starr contacted me earlier this morning. I tried to tell you sooner, but we were caught up in hurrying to school."

She eyed him suspiciously. Martinez was hardly nervous about delivering bad news. In fact, he took pride in saying them, so she expected the worst of all. "Can you just say it already? We don't have until the next supernova for this."

He shot her an unamused look. "Fine. He scavenged for some intel to help us figure out where his sister is and how to get her back. Turns out, we're out of luck."

She waited for him to continue, but after a few seconds, "Seriously?! Are you seriously waiting for me to prompt you? Tell me why in cosmos we're out of luck!"

"Amor, Atlas King's sister is dead."