Bonds

"Gasper, please come out. It's my fault for pushing you into going with Yumi." Gremory called out to Vladi through the door.

I approached her, looking at the red head with an eyebrow raised "What happened?" I asked, despite already having an idea of why my little Kōhai locked herself back in her room.

"...I had Yumi take Gasper out with her on contract." Gremory answered while averting her eyes from me.

[Fueeeeeeeeeeeeee!]

"...Gremory, you gotta remember that Vladi needs time. She's been sealed away for so long and that isn't the easiest trauma to undo, especially with her hikikomori tendencies." I said with a sigh, finding her inability to truly 'see' the struggles of her peerage to be disappointing. If I was a [King], I would do my best to help my comrades to overcome their demons and help them move on for a better life.

Gremory sheepishly nodded in response "...Gasper's father is from a noble family of vampires but since his mother was a human mistress, meaning she wasn't pure blooded. I heard that they hate those who aren't Pure Blood more then Devils, the vampires who scorn, even if it's their sibling, their treatment is discriminating."

...To think that there's a species that are more prideful of their kind then Devils, I would never would have though it was possible since Devils are fuelled by their desires or sins. The most common sins that they would embody are Lust, Greed and Pride.

"Gasper was bullied by her siblings since childhood, even when she went to the human world, she was treated as a monster and so she had no place to call home. However, she possesses the unique abilities of vampires, and the ability as a human - a special [Sacred Gear], since she was born with both of them, even if she didn't want to, as she grew older, I hear her powers also became greater." Gremory then looked down with sadness in her eyes "The problem is that even if she wanted to become friends, by some chance her [Sacred Gear] gets activated, and stops the other person."

Gremory paused for a moment before looking to me "Hey Raiga. How would you feel if you could stop time, but can't control that power?" She asked, curiosity clear in her voice and eyes.

"Is that even a question?" I retorted, staring my [King] deadpanned eyes "It only natural for anyone to be afraid on something that they can't control or understand, so I can't really find odd that if someone was down right terrified of a power they can't control... Try imagining yourself with absolutely no control over you own ability, the [Power of Destruction]... Wouldn't you feel the same as Vladi if that happens all the time?"

Gremory looked down for a moment, no doubt thinking about what I've just said before looking back at me and nodding in agreement.

"I-I... don't need such a [Sacred Gear]!" My young Kōhai cried out... Fear and self-hate within her words "B-Because I stop everyone! I scare them! I make them dislike me! Even I dislike it! I don't want to stop my f-friends and c-comrades... Any more of having to look at the face of my cherished ones' stopped... I-I don't want that..."

"What a quandary... For making this kid to once again shut herself in... I am a failure as a [King]." Gremory said, disappointment within her tone and it's directed to herself... Honestly, that should be pretty obvious. You didn't helped the others fight against their demons, only thinking that they'll eventually forget about them... But I'll admit, those kinds of things are the most difficult to forget.

"Gremory, isn't your meeting with your brother and the others in a short while from now?" I asked after remembering about that little fact.

"Yes, but I will extend the time a bit more. I have to make sure that Gasper is alright first-"