Bag o' Bolts

Headaches were nothing new to Diath. He got them all the time, with all of the things they went through each day.
But today, the headache was different. It was a drowsy, angry headache. His thoughts fell to last night, oh shit.
The rogue knew what it felt like to sleep on a table, and he definitely was not lying on a table.

He gambled opening his eyes and was blinded by sunlight.
As they adjusted to the glare, Diath began to see a dark outline beside him.
Sheets. I'm on a Bed?
His eyes cleared and the figure lying next to him was... Paultin.

There was a stomachache now, too.

He lay fast asleep facing Diath. His blonde hair stuck to his forehead with sweat and what was most likely booze. He looked, peaceful.

So clearly the alcohol had gotten to him.

Diath could still taste the wine in his mouth. He was hungry.
And thirsty.

His hand shifted to the worn leather around his waist, searching for his water skin.
That's when he heard it. A soft, robotic click.

The rogue's heartbeat drummed in his ears. His stared at the ceiling to calm himself for a moment. Three... Two... O-

"Holy Shit A Robot!"
A dagger spun from Diath's grasp, planting itself into the... head of a small robotic figure standing mere feet away from him. If he hadn't known it's stature, the brunette surely would have missed. But the soaked jester's costume that monster wore was burnt into his retina. It stood alongside so many evils and devils- surely it was nothing. Yet still...

A Murderbot wasn't something you forgot so easily.

Paultin, shot up and turned to run, but the heel of his boot caught and spun him onto the floor, covered in sheets- pulling Diath down with him.

Both stood, tripping and stumbling, trying to untangle themselves from the the fabric covered mess. The whirring noise foreshadowing the opening of the clockwork creature's maw sent shivers down the rogue's spine.

"Paultin!" Diath's body pressed the bard to the floor as the thud of a dart hitting wood shocked them both into silence

Finally, tearing through the fabric, the two ran towards the robot, shoving it out into the corridor and slamming the door behind them. The press of the wooden barricade against their backs was reassuring and welcomed.

"'The fuck was that?" Paultin shouted.
Not that Diath was listening. His eyes fell to his hands, where he could see her blood trickling from his fingers. It stained his nails and filled his head with mad screams and cackles.

No no no no no.

"Diath."
Not again never again please no God no.

"Diath!"
The brunette looked up at Paultin. He sat beside him, hands on his shoulders. A look of concern vanished from his eyes as Diath turned to him, trembling.

The bard gave him an understanding smile and patted him on the back. "So why the fuck is there's robot now." He slurred. "Because I want it."